Solved

Microsoft Account, windows 8 & logging into skype

I just a new laptop with Windows 8.
When I was setting it I was forced to sign into Micorsoft account and forced to sign into SKYPE with Microsoft account
I don't want to do that I don't usually use skype through Microsoft account and it is causing me synch problems with other skype apps on my other laptop and phone.

I don't used Microsoft Messenger and will not use it..I always used to disable it

I only need Microsoft for updating my windows..that is it and should I have any problems..

How can get out of this Microsoft trap :o
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about microsoft account windows logging skype
  1. You can create a 'local account'. Go to 'PC Settings'.
  2. Best answer
    control panel ->user accounts and family safety->credential manager
    you can delete any stored web credentials

You don't have to log into a Microsoft account on windows 8 (except if you want to run Some metro apps or buy from the Microsoft store). If you are only use the desktop you can log into a local account that is validated by your machine.

you can just log on to a local account (make one via control panel)
    or you can go to PC settings->users then for your account
    select "switch to a local account" option.

I keep two accounts, a local admin account and the Microsoft account. I generally just log on with my local account and use the desktop. I don't switch my Microsoft account to local because someday I might need to access the metro apps and don't want to have to set up the accounts, pin number, trust relationships and such again.
  3. Best answer selected by jpishgar.
Ask a new question

Read More

Microsoft Windows 8 Skype