How do i connect my internet enabled tv to the wireless network? I keep getting

jsam12345

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
hey guys ive recently bought a tcl internet enabled tv. I have tried connecting it to the wireless network and it keeps giving me an error that the "connection failed due to timeout". can anyone help please ?

RealBeast

Titan
Since you are wireless, you probably need to enter the security pass phrase for the wireless network into the TV.

You should look at the TV user manual and determine if it needs a particular network address, some do. Also, you may need to assign the TV a static address or enable the TV to automatically obtain an address from the DHCP router and insure that MAC address protection is not on in the router (or enter the TV MAC address as allowed).

tasnan49

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

Hello

Hi jsam12345
Have you got this sorted? we have just had a TCL 42" LED 3D delivered and I cannot connect to wifi either. Same as you, get a timeout error message. Annoying because the TV correctly identifies the SSID and also tells me if I enter the secuirty key (WEP) incorrectly so is accessing that info, but still cannot continue to connection. If you go it working can you please tell me what worked? thanks

Hi RealBeast
nothing in manual about a particular network address and the MAC address protection option doesnt exist in my router which is a Netgear DG834V with wireless. My laptop is also connected via wifi to the rounter with no problems. Only the TV is a problem.
In Network settings on the TV, everything is set to auto, so all addresses automatically obtained. I did try a manual install after reading a post elsewhere but that didn't work either. As a last resort will contact TCL but want to try to find the solution first if possible.

tasnan49

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, would you believe I got my wireless working? I had another look at the manual and saw something I had missed, that is, insert the wifi dongle into USB1 - of course I had it in 2, when I did, hey presto, the network connection was a success wthout having to do another thing! Moral of the story is, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CLOSELY !

justasking64

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

>>> Hi tasnan49 - I was wondering if you have a link to the wireless dongle you bought, are you able to get netflix movies downloaded ? please let me know thanks ! Debbie

epetru2002

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
if wifi doesn't work out of the box then this will fix it.

on a PC that is within view of the TCL
go to
https://tvupdate.roku.com/update.php?brand=tcl

follow the instructions

from there you can download a patch to a USB stick

after downloading, place the stick in the TCL USB slot and go to Settings | Update | Manual Update
follow the onscreen instructions

if you had previously put in the SSID and security key, the TCL will remember them when you try to setup networking again, just hit Connect