Belkin router will not connect to verizon jetpack

She22rie

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
My husband and I just got a Verizon MIFI Jetpack. My computer has an internal wireless connection so we had no problem getting it hooked to mine, however, my husband is trying to hook on with a Belkin router. The router appears to be reading that the Verizon service is there but when he goes to connect to the internet it says it won't connect. We've tried resetting the router and restarting his computer. It did not fix the problem. We are lost!

lou333v

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

----------------------
Hi! You're on the right track but what you have to do is establish another network connection. The problem is not the router. Think of it this way... The new technology like a Mifi Jetpack 4620L... it speaks or sends the wireless signal in a certain language. In other words, it will send the signal out. HOWEVER, depending on how old your laptop is, the wireless guts of your computer may only be able to pick up the signal in a different (more primitive) language. So, basically, you have to get a "translator" to be a go between your "outdated" laptop and the JETPACK.

So, go to BesBuy and for $30, you can get a BELKIN WIRELESS USB ADAPTER N300. What it does, is it becomes your "translator" that will speak the same language as the Jetpack. When you get home, place the CD ROM form the box into your laptop and install it. Follow the instructions. It's easy. Then Go to Start, then control panel, then network sharing.
Set up ANOTHER network connection with your Belkin USB adpter... remember, when your wireless "built in" antenna from your computer looks for a wireless connection, it's looking for a signal in say Greek, and the jetpack is sending its signal to your computer in German...
So, you click on "set up a connection or network" and set up ANOTHER WIRELESS NETWORK... this one is fed off your Belkin adapter you will have placed into one of the USB ports of your laptop. Once you have this set up done, you will see the JETPACK be picked up as a choice of your Belkin adaptor's choice to connect to (among others). Then click on the JETPACK choice and put in your password and you should be good to go!!! YEAH!!!!

Remember: the key to all this is to have an "alternate" wireless "receiver connection" coming from your laptop besides the outdated one that came built into your laptop. That's where your BELKIN WIRELESS USB ADAPTER N300 comes in.

I spend 12 hours figuring all this out! Thanks Verizon for not training your people properly and wasting our time... :)