Server/Network setup

waelkd

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Good day guys,

I have some questions on setting my server. Please be patient with me as i am into software development and my expertise with servers and server setup is novice. The company i work for decided they want to centralize everything, and put me incharge on getting the things i need.

What we have , three internet connections, from different isps, a router ,server,~ 30 pcs, belonging to accounting,marketing and IT.

What i want to do is,

1) no matter what Internet connection any of the employees is using ,they should have access to the server.

2) Able to access the server from outside work. how should i set the ip ,subnets and gateways

I know am asking alot, but i really wanna do this myself.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

riser

Illustrious
You're looking to dive into some deep configuration settings.

Why do you have 3 different ISPs? This would be a networking configuration for the most part, unless you were using a Windows server for routing and remote access. If that's the case, do some heavy reading on your server (2003 or 2008 I'd assume) for "Routing and remote access" and it will give you the knowledge to configure it to support your 3 ISPs.

For number 2, you want to check into a VPN. Again, routing/remote access will cover this area. You basically want to setup a VPN connection to a server and use another form of authentication (AD and/or RADIUS). Reading on it at Mirosoft's Technet will be helpful for getting a full understanding of it.