Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Epson Stylus Color 600 not working

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
February 5, 2010 4:28:21 PM


Could any of you help me please?.

I have an Epson Stylus Color 600 (knowing it's an old printer... but I like it)... I had to work really hard to buy a HP laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium..... I also bought a converter cable (parallel to USB). The laptop recognizes de cable, but when I try to add a new printer (using the virtual USB001 port), I can't get the stylus color 600 driver.

I hope any of you could help me. Thanks in advance.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 5, 2010 5:04:18 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

You need the Win 7 driver for your printer, but if you says that is a old printer i don't think that exist driver for this.

You can look for the driver in the EPSON's web page.
m
0
l
February 6, 2010 2:56:08 AM

saint19 said:
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

You need the Win 7 driver for your printer, but if you says that is a old printer i don't think that exist driver for this.

You can look for the driver in the EPSON's web page.


****************
There isn´t a driver for my printer in the EPSON's web page. There is a compatibility chart, and, according to it, the driver is built-in in Windows 7. The problem is that my win 7 is Home Premium.... maybe, let's say, in the professional win 7 that driver is there. Pls, if you know anybody who could have installed any win 7 different to Home Premium, they could check for the driver...... Thank you so much.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 6, 2010 3:01:10 AM

Hi again. I have installed Win 7 ultimate x64.
m
0
l
February 6, 2010 2:38:00 PM

saint19 said:
Hi again. I have installed Win 7 ultimate x64.


Could you please check if you have the driver I need???..... try to add a new printer and pls check if the driver is built-in. Thank you so much.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 6, 2010 7:38:19 PM

Hi men, well I can see a driver "Epson Stylus C60 series (M), but the specific reference of your printer isn't in the drivers list.
m
0
l
February 7, 2010 2:13:23 AM

saint19 said:
Hi men, well I can see a driver "Epson Stylus C60 series (M), but the specific reference of your printer isn't in the drivers list.



That's not it. I've already tried it. You see, I contacted Epson, and they told me there isn´t a driver for Windows 7 for my printer (even their compatibility chart says its built-in inside Windows 7).

I've written to Microsoft's Support to see if they can give me any alternative................ what a problem just for a very small driver!!!!......

Thanks anyway for your help.
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 15, 2010 1:50:27 AM

interesting i'm actually trying to do exactly the same thing as you. I managed to find a driver for the Epson stylus 600 in windows 7 and connected to it using a USB to LPT port.

The trick is when you add it, select to manually find the driver (not the automatically select best driver setting) and from memory you need untick the only show me compatible devices (i can't remember exactly the steps so bare with me - just keep hunting arond until you can select the printer make and model).

I recall that you you will be given a list of all printer drivers, and you need to then click on epson as the vendor/manufacturer, then you can see all the epson printer models. The epson stylus 600 is definately in the list (the win7 version i'm using is a basic one shipped with a dell pc).

I got that far and thought everything was working fine, but my problem is that when we goto print, it starts outputting the first 6-10 liines then stops for some strange reason and gives up.

i'm not sure if its the printer being old, the driver, or the usb to LPT port cable causing the issue *sigh*

Let me know if you get further or if anyone has managed to resolve an issue similar to this.

m
0
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 15, 2010 2:30:51 AM

Actually you might also want to look at this manual - which suggests that we may need to use the virtual printer driver instead that came with the USB to LPT plug (this probably explains why my printing stops half way through)

Have a read it might give you some further ideas.

Epson USB / Parallel Cable Adapter Kit PK3

http://www.epsonstylus.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDet...
m
0
l
June 7, 2010 6:32:40 PM

magicpain said:
****************
There isn´t a driver for my printer in the EPSON's web page. There is a compatibility chart, and, according to it, the driver is built-in in Windows 7. The problem is that my win 7 is Home Premium.... maybe, let's say, in the professional win 7 that driver is there. Pls, if you know anybody who could have installed any win 7 different to Home Premium, they could check for the driver...... Thank you so much.


I had your identical problem, epson 600 driver for windows 7, and today I solved it.
When you add a new printer in windows 7 and the model you need does not appear in the device list, you have to select "windows update".
In this way some new printer models will appear in the list and, among these, also the epson 600.

m
0
l
June 14, 2010 4:58:28 AM

alfeo58 said:
I had your identical problem, epson 600 driver for windows 7, and today I solved it.
When you add a new printer in windows 7 and the model you need does not appear in the device list, you have to select "windows update".
In this way some new printer models will appear in the list and, among these, also the epson 600.



Thanks for your reply. I did what you indicated, and now I have the epson 600 is installed in my computer, but, when I try to print anything (including the test page), nothing happens.
When I plug the USB cable to the PC, it recognizes the driver for the cable (USB 2.0 Print) but it also indicates "No printer detected"

Can you print normally in your epson 600????

Thanks for your help.
m
0
l
June 21, 2010 1:09:36 AM

I finally could use the epson 600, alfeo58, you were absolutely right.

I did everything you told me to, but I had installed 2 printers in win 7. I had to erase them, install the epson 600 and then reinstall the other 2 printers (hp2360 and epson TX210).

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help. Without your instructions and your solution for the problem, I would be completely lost. ....... You,re a real MASTER...... THANKS...... :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 
m
0
l
June 21, 2010 1:11:44 AM


Thanks to all of you who tried to help me. Thanks to Tom's Hardware Forums.

And we do not have to forget it..... Thanks God.

m
0
l
June 27, 2010 6:05:12 PM

magicpain said:
Thanks to all of you who tried to help me. Thanks to Tom's Hardware Forums.

And we do not have to forget it..... Thanks God.


Same o - Color 600. Windows update found 64x driver. No luck.

Last thing I tried was to delete (can be recovered later) XPSPort Local Port,

added in its place "Epson Stylus . . . Local Port" No luck.

Should I try USB001 Virtual Print Port or have you had other success?
m
0
l
August 27, 2010 3:10:22 AM

Here's what worked for me: I needed to install a network Color 600 printer. After all W7 updates were installed, it still would not install under the 64-bit operating system. No "windows update" button is available for network installs, but it is for a local install. So I installed a phantom Epson Color 600 printer locally. But first I had to select the "windows update" button and wait a few minutes. This does indeed augment the list of printers, and the Color 600 IS included. But you have to install locally immediately after the update, because it is not persistent and goes away before the next install attempt. So I installed locally, then tried the installation of the real printer on the network, and it worked! Then I went back and removed the phantom printer, and all is well in W7 64-bit land!
m
0
l
April 23, 2012 7:55:47 PM

Hi,
I used to have the issue of it outputting the first 6-10 lines then stopping. For me changing the LPT port from ECP/EPP to SPP fixed the issue. But you are using a USB to LPT converter so I am not sure what the issue could be.
m
0
l
!