How to keep user desktops separate in windows 7?

flaxseed

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
my sister downloads 4-5 games a week that always appear on my computer desktop. she has an administer account that i think she needs to download the games. when i delete her games from my desktop, they disappear from hers. please in simplest language, make our accounts separate.

Solution

Under the C:\Users\ there is a list of users. the game icrons are under public\desktop, and they need to be moved to "Sister's acct name"\Desktop for them to show up on her desktop and not yours.

Of course it would be easier to try and remove her as an admin... but something tells me that would cause more family strife than necessary.
You need to install the programs for only the one user, but not all programs have that option. Otherwise you have to manually move the icons form the "All Users" Desktop folder to the specific account Desktop folder. The user accounts are separate, but there are areas where you can create things that all accounts see, which is where those icons are being put.

Under the C:\Users\ there is a list of users. the game icrons are under public\desktop, and they need to be moved to "Sister's acct name"\Desktop for them to show up on her desktop and not yours.

Of course it would be easier to try and remove her as an admin... but something tells me that would cause more family strife than necessary.

Solution

flaxseed

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
thank you for the quick response, you did help me find 75 games she moved to a folder instead of deleting, lol. why is this such a pain to have separate desktops?