Linn Karik problems

Tags:
Last response: in Home Audio
March 11, 2005 4:31:40 PM

Hello
I recently purchased a used Linn Karik II with brillant power supply
(upgrade?) off ebay. In the first few hours the player worked fine but I
later discovered that it would not read some of my cds.

Is this likely to be to do with the laser unit (which means I am in bit
**** as it is no longer available) or with capacitors as suggested here:

http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.tech/mess...

thanks

Iver

More about : linn karik problems

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 7:58:43 PM

Iver,

Contact Linn www.linn.co.uk as they probably have a service center
near you that can fix it.

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin
http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Where you can find:

Superior Audio, The Absolute Sound,
Review Magazine, The $ensible Sound,
Audiophile Audition, The Audiophile Voice...
....and MUCH more!

"surfiver" <surfiver@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello
> I recently purchased a used Linn Karik II with brillant power supply
> (upgrade?) off ebay. In the first few hours the player worked fine but I
> later discovered that it would not read some of my cds.
>
> Is this likely to be to do with the laser unit (which means I am in bit
> **** as it is no longer available) or with capacitors as suggested here:
>
> http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.tech/mess...
>
> thanks
>
> Iver

October 29, 2011 8:07:54 PM

contact me ..and i will fix it for you . linn preamps cd, ect .. .......franco
!