K700i SMS Alerts

Hi,

is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The standard
ones stink.

TIA

Dan
8 answers Last reply
More about k700i alerts

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:31:21 +0100, "-=Dan=- ©" <getbent@ease.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The standard
    >ones stink.
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Dan

    nope sorry!!
    -----
    sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
    been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
    -----

    In news:2p34auFgb8biU1@uni-berlin.de,
    -=Dan=- © <getbent@ease.com> waffled:
    > Hi,
    >
    > is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The
    > standard ones stink.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dan

    Thanks to everyone for your replies. This is my first SE phone after being a
    lifelong Nokia perv, this is the only feature of the phone that is very
    poor. Is it too much to ask to hear "Get back yer bastard, I'll break your
    legs" when someone sends me a text?

    Dan

    smstextaddict.co.uk smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
    reply) wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:31:21 +0100, "-=Dan=- ©" <getbent@ease.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The standard
    >>ones stink.

    <snip>

    > nope sorry!!

    I'm overly curious why SE doesn't seem to be able / want to implement
    changable sms tones in their standard (ie non Symbian) phones.

    The T610, T630, Z600 and K700 have all been the same... and the same
    complaint has been raised multiple times.

    I can't see it being anything more than a programming change... or am I
    missing something?

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:17:29 +1000, Mal <Mal_Murray@Hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >smstextaddict.co.uk smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
    >reply) wrote:
    >> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:31:21 +0100, "-=Dan=- ©" <getbent@ease.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The standard
    >>>ones stink.
    >
    ><snip>
    >>
    >> nope sorry!!
    >
    >I'm overly curious why SE doesn't seem to be able / want to implement
    >changable sms tones in their standard (ie non Symbian) phones.
    >
    >The T610, T630, Z600 and K700 have all been the same... and the same
    >complaint has been raised multiple times.
    >
    >I can't see it being anything more than a programming change... or am I
    >missing something?

    no its not us who are missing something its SE.
    -----

    reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:17:29 +1000, Mal <Mal_Murray@Hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >smstextaddict.co.uk smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
    > >reply) wrote:

    > ><snip>
    > >>
    > >> nope sorry!!
    > >
    > >I'm overly curious why SE doesn't seem to be able / want to implement
    > >changable sms tones in their standard (ie non Symbian) phones.
    > >
    > >The T610, T630, Z600 and K700 have all been the same... and the same
    > >complaint has been raised multiple times.
    > >
    > >I can't see it being anything more than a programming change... or am I
    > >missing something?
    >

    > no its not us who are missing something its SE.
    > -----

    You can assign mp3's to sms if your phone is the unlocked version > k700i

    Ronny

    "ronny" <ronny@ron.com> wrote in message

    > "smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
    > reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:17:29 +1000, Mal <Mal_Murray@Hotmail.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >smstextaddict.co.uk smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to

    > standard
    > > >
    > > ><snip>

    > > >I'm overly curious why SE doesn't seem to be able / want to implement
    > > >changable sms tones in their standard (ie non Symbian) phones.
    > > >
    > > >The T610, T630, Z600 and K700 have all been the same... and the same
    > > >complaint has been raised multiple times.
    > > >
    > > >I can't see it being anything more than a programming change... or am I
    > > >missing something?
    > >

    > > no its not us who are missing something its SE.
    > > -----
    >
    > You can assign mp3's to sms if your phone is the unlocked version > k700i
    >
    > Ronny

    my appologies you cant :(

    Hi, Dan,
    sorry to tell,
    but had the k700i for 2 Weeks until i send it back.

    see this: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=433184

    chears Jan

    "Jan Schmidt" <histery@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, Dan,
    > sorry to tell,
    > but had the k700i for 2 Weeks until i send it back.
    >
    > see this: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=433184
    >
    > chears Jan

    Hi Jan,

    most of your issues I don't have a problem with, I use my XDA for calender
    and all that. But I do think the phone is a bit shite compared to previous
    Nokias...

    Dan

Ericsson MP3