K700i SMS Alerts

Last response: in Brands
August 25, 2004 2:31:21 PM

Hi,

is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The standard
ones stink.

TIA

Dan

More about : k700i sms alerts

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 6:14:21 PM

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:31:21 +0100, "-=Dan=- ©" <getbent@ease.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The standard
>ones stink.
>
>TIA
>
>Dan

nope sorry!!
-----
sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
-----
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 3:10:13 AM

In news:2p34auFgb8biU1@uni-berlin.de,
-=Dan=- © <getbent@ease.com> waffled:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The
> standard ones stink.
>
> TIA
>
> Dan

Thanks to everyone for your replies. This is my first SE phone after being a
lifelong Nokia perv, this is the only feature of the phone that is very
poor. Is it too much to ask to hear "Get back yer bastard, I'll break your
legs" when someone sends me a text?

Dan
August 26, 2004 4:17:29 AM

smstextaddict.co.uk smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
reply) wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:31:21 +0100, "-=Dan=- ©" <getbent@ease.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The standard
>>ones stink.

<snip>

> nope sorry!!

I'm overly curious why SE doesn't seem to be able / want to implement
changable sms tones in their standard (ie non Symbian) phones.

The T610, T630, Z600 and K700 have all been the same... and the same
complaint has been raised multiple times.

I can't see it being anything more than a programming change... or am I
missing something?
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 4:17:30 AM

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:17:29 +1000, Mal <Mal_Murray@Hotmail.com>
wrote:

>smstextaddict.co.uk smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
>reply) wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:31:21 +0100, "-=Dan=- ©" <getbent@ease.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The standard
>>>ones stink.
>
><snip>
>>
>> nope sorry!!
>
>I'm overly curious why SE doesn't seem to be able / want to implement
>changable sms tones in their standard (ie non Symbian) phones.
>
>The T610, T630, Z600 and K700 have all been the same... and the same
>complaint has been raised multiple times.
>
>I can't see it being anything more than a programming change... or am I
>missing something?

no its not us who are missing something its SE.
-----
sms text addict? www.smstextaddict.co.uk
been_bluejacked? www.bluejackaddict.co.uk
-----
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 4:17:31 AM

reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:17:29 +1000, Mal <Mal_Murray@Hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >smstextaddict.co.uk smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
> >reply) wrote:

> ><snip>
> >>
> >> nope sorry!!
> >
> >I'm overly curious why SE doesn't seem to be able / want to implement
> >changable sms tones in their standard (ie non Symbian) phones.
> >
> >The T610, T630, Z600 and K700 have all been the same... and the same
> >complaint has been raised multiple times.
> >
> >I can't see it being anything more than a programming change... or am I
> >missing something?
>

> no its not us who are missing something its SE.
> -----

You can assign mp3's to sms if your phone is the unlocked version > k700i

Ronny
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 4:17:32 AM

"ronny" <ronny@ron.com> wrote in message

> "smstextaddict.co.uk (smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to
> reply))" <toptaz2k_fishyknickers_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:17:29 +1000, Mal <Mal_Murray@Hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >smstextaddict.co.uk smstextaddict co uk (remove _fishyknickers_ to

> standard
> > >
> > ><snip>

> > >I'm overly curious why SE doesn't seem to be able / want to implement
> > >changable sms tones in their standard (ie non Symbian) phones.
> > >
> > >The T610, T630, Z600 and K700 have all been the same... and the same
> > >complaint has been raised multiple times.
> > >
> > >I can't see it being anything more than a programming change... or am I
> > >missing something?
> >

> > no its not us who are missing something its SE.
> > -----
>
> You can assign mp3's to sms if your phone is the unlocked version > k700i
>
> Ronny

my appologies you cant :(
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 3:44:30 PM

Hi, Dan,
sorry to tell,
but had the k700i for 2 Weeks until i send it back.

see this: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4331...

chears Jan

"-=Dan=- ©" schrieb:
> -=Dan=- © waffled:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a way to use mp3 or any other tones for SMS alerts? The
> > standard ones stink.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dan
>
> Thanks to everyone for your replies. This is my first SE phone after being a
> lifelong Nokia perv, this is the only feature of the phone that is very
> poor. Is it too much to ask to hear "Get back yer bastard, I'll break your
> legs" when someone sends me a text?
>
> Dan

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 11:52:31 PM

"Jan Schmidt" <histery@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Dan,
> sorry to tell,
> but had the k700i for 2 Weeks until i send it back.
>
> see this: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4331...
>
> chears Jan

Hi Jan,

most of your issues I don't have a problem with, I use my XDA for calender
and all that. But I do think the phone is a bit shite compared to previous
Nokias...

Dan
!