Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do i check for anti virus on my laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
April 6, 2012 2:31:45 PM

Hi
How do I find out if I have an anti virus system on my Acer laptop. Have checked the all progranmme list but no mention of an anti virus company? Appreciate your response

Bob
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
April 6, 2012 2:48:23 PM

haven16f said:
Hi
How do I find out if I have an anti virus system on my Acer laptop. Have checked the all progranmme list but no mention of an anti virus company? Appreciate your response

Bob

Antivirus APP will show an icon in the system tray (lower right bottom of screen). Hover mouse pointer over the icons to see what you have.
April 6, 2012 3:06:06 PM

... or look in Start -> All Programs and see if any antivirus programs are listed there. It sounds like you don't have any antivirus software loaded.
Related resources
April 6, 2012 3:20:43 PM

Also look in add/remove programs to see if one is listed there.
April 6, 2012 3:24:28 PM

Jim_L9 said:
... or look in Start -> All Programs and see if any antivirus programs are listed there. It sounds like you don't have any antivirus software loaded.


Hi Jim
Have checked all programmes as you suggested and cant find any anti virus companies other than Mcafee offering family protection. I think the next step is to purchase anti virus from some company , probably AVG as I have that one on the computer upstairs and have had no problems so far and have had it for 2 years unless youu know better"
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
April 6, 2012 3:34:49 PM

haven16f said:
Hi Jim
Have checked all programmes as you suggested and cant find any anti virus companies other than Mcafee offering family protection. I think the next step is to purchase anti virus from some company , probably AVG as I have that one on the computer upstairs and have had no problems so far and have had it for 2 years unless youu know better"

You don't have to purchase it. Most All the major AV's offer a Free edition of their software to Home Users. - Recommend you look at AVAST. It has more protection than Microsoft Security Essentials, but that also is free. And a good complement to any AV is Malwarebytes Pro, for only $25 USD, and it is a one time charge (lifetime license with no renewal fee)
April 6, 2012 3:39:44 PM

Hi Jim
Have checked all programmes as you suggested and cant find any anti virus companies other than Mcafee offering family protection. I think the next step is to purchase anti virus , probably AVG as I have been told that it is a good system. Unless you know better?
a b $ Windows 7
April 6, 2012 4:48:42 PM

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are both free. I run both.
April 6, 2012 8:55:56 PM

geekapproved said:
Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are both free. I run both.




Thanks for the info ------ Bob
April 6, 2012 9:42:48 PM

geekapproved said:
Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are both free. I run both.

+1 - secure essentials is the best free client I have seen and malware bytes has been very efficient at killing malware for me in the past.
September 25, 2012 6:59:19 AM

haven16f said:
Hi
How do I find out if I have an anti virus system on my Acer laptop. Have checked the all progranmme list but no mention of an anti virus company? Appreciate your response

Bob



You can go to control panel and click on add/remove programs. It will show you the list of installed programs. There you can search for the antivirus you have installed.
!