Internet connection issue from windows 7 on a mac computer

newmac user

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Hi,
I purchased a Mac book pro several weeks ago, installed windows 7 on it along with boot camp. I can connect to the internet through my wifi hot spot on the mac side with safari, but windows 7 and internet explorer does not recognize the wifi. It keeps asking me to plug in a cable or dsl which I do not have. I called Apple support who transferred me to microsoft help who wanted to charge me $99 to diagnose the problem.
Any helpful suggestions?
SK

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

In the W7 system's Control Panel>Network and Sharing Centre, are you offered any available networks, wired or wireless? In Internet Options>Connection tab>LAN button, is there a tick in "Automatically detect settings"?

I can't help wondering why folks spend hundreds of pounds/dollars/Drachmae? on Macbook Pro then put M$ software on it.

newmac user

Honorable
May 21, 2012

Thank you.
No I was not getting the "Automatically detect settings" tick. I did need to install the Boot Camp drivers on the Windows side which then activated all the function keys and enabled the Wifi connection.
PS: I was so fed up with PC's that I wanted a more stable & reliable platform which Apple offers. Unfortunately my work life is almost exclusively on the MS side. It was a tough choice!