Sign in with
Your question

Windows is starting

Last response: in Windows 7
April 6, 2012 2:31:54 PM

Hi there anyone. I have netbook emashines M250 and when I try to install any OS on it I fails. It says STARTING WINDOWS and freezes forever. Hard drive fresh formatted by me using DBAN NUKE CD. Any information regarding that matter is appreciated. Thank You in advance.

More about : windows starting

a c 353 $ Windows 7
April 6, 2012 3:24:36 PM

Try different RAM. If Windows installs with no issues but never starts, I've ran into this problem when it was RAM and also the motherboard. In my case, all tests passed for hardware but Windows (7 and XP both) failed to start till the vendor replaced the motherboard on that computer. RAM is a lot easier to try first than the motherboard though.

It may be a hard-drive issue also, if the computer has an option in the BIOS to run a drive scan, try that.
m
l
April 7, 2012 7:45:25 AM

Thank You for Your reply hang-the-9. Let me clarify few details for You: as You suggested I have tried few different RAMs and HDs - the same (-) results - it freezes at "Setup is starting windows'. Actually it freezes at the beginning of the windows XP or Win7 installation because first it shows " Setup is loading files ( kernel debugger DLL) or USB drivers than Video drivers and secondly it says "Setup is starting windows'. Here is forever STOP. In addition the screen on netbook does not work I use VGA external output to connect it to my monitor (external 37 inches) Maybe this part causes that problem? But in my opinion as soon as You can connect external monitor meaning that videochip is alive. Most likely problem is screen itself or connector. I have bought and installed new screen no picture only external monitor. Now it is connector's turn. Let me know what You think. Many thanks. Looking forward to hearing from YOU.
m
l
Related resources
a c 353 $ Windows 7
April 9, 2012 4:35:00 PM

You may have a motherboard issue, no video on screen, windows fails to start installing after new ram and drive. Try running a Linux LIVE OS, it runs off a CD or a flash drive so nothing needs to be installed. If that runs OK, you may be OK with that motherboard, although there is still a chance that's the issue.
m
l
April 9, 2012 11:47:17 PM

I will do what YOU suggested to me. But dear hang-the-9 it is still running on external monitor connected over vga. The picture is very good, no problem. If it has problem with video chip it would not work both ways. Thank hang-the-9. I will keep YOU posted.
m
l
April 11, 2012 7:19:33 AM

I have tried back track 4 instead of Linux LIVE OS. It seems to me the same family. When it was almost done all of a sudden " Sound server fatal error: cpu overload, aborting" tab appeared.Thank YOU for any idea.
m
l
a c 353 $ Windows 7
April 11, 2012 12:55:05 PM

That is not a screen issue, RAM, motherboard, maybe CPU.
m
l
April 11, 2012 2:12:39 PM

And how could I get rid of that problem. Thanks a million times hang-the-9
m
l
a c 353 $ Windows 7
April 11, 2012 3:07:09 PM

lkay9879 said:
And how could I get rid of that problem. Thanks a million times hang-the-9

Try new RAM, new motherboard or new CPU. Can't fix it or even trouble-shoot much without the parts.
m
l
April 12, 2012 1:41:43 AM

Ok Thanks
m
l
!