Pioneer VSX-808RDS volume repair

Last response: in Home Audio
March 12, 2005 10:50:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

I have a five years old Pioneer VSX-808RDS receiver. The volume
control on the receiver is not working anymore. If I turn the knob to
lower the volume, the volume increases. The overall response to the
knob turning is erratic. A friend told me the pulse gauge/detector
(whatever the name is in English) for the volume knob had
malfunctioned and that it is pretty common.

I'm wondering if someone here has had the same problem and if it is
possible to buy a new pulse gauge to replace the broken one.

And how do I remove the volume knob from the receiver? I've tried
before, but couldn't work it out.
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 9:09:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair (More info?)

ASX7004 is the part number of the volume encoder. Usually one would remove
the front panel, then probably desolder the control before removing the
circuit board from the front panel. Sometimes the knob can be pushed off
from behind, if you can't pull it from the front. There will be a shaft-nut
or a couple screws under the knob holding the encoder to the front panel.

AAB7179 is the part number for the knob if it should get damaged in the
process.

Mark Z.

!