WAP of T68i via Bluetooth?

Last response: in Brands
August 26, 2004 5:51:01 PM

Hi

Perhaps a strange question.

I have a T68i which supports Bluetooth - and I have a Bluetooth Access
Point which has connection to the Internet via router and cable modem.

Question: Is it possible to connect the T68i to the Internet (WAP
browser eg.) via this Bluetooth link.

Where and what do I have to configure in the T68i for such a
connection?

Thanks.

--
ms

More about : wap t68i bluetooth

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 6:41:04 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <1igoq7yg9ce0e$.1uual02mg6pb9.dlg@40tude.net> on Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:51:01
+0200, Martin Schoch <nospam_maschoch@compuserve.com> wrote:

>Perhaps a strange question.
>
>I have a T68i which supports Bluetooth - and I have a Bluetooth Access
>Point which has connection to the Internet via router and cable modem.
>
>Question: Is it possible to connect the T68i to the Internet (WAP
>browser eg.) via this Bluetooth link.
>
>Where and what do I have to configure in the T68i for such a
>connection?

I don't think the handset supports the necessary Bluetooth profile; i.e.,
I don't think you can do that over Bluetooth.

August 27, 2004 1:36:36 PM

> Where and what do I have to configure in the T68i for such a
> connection?

Try: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=63685

I don't know, if it will work for the T68i and it's quite much work, but
i think it's worth a try.

:)
--
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
Anonymous

"Martin Schoch" <nospam_maschoch@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Perhaps a strange question.
>
> I have a T68i which supports Bluetooth - and I have a Bluetooth Access
> Point which has connection to the Internet via router and cable modem.
>
> Question: Is it possible to connect the T68i to the Internet (WAP
> browser eg.) via this Bluetooth link.
my laptop is connected to internet, via a proxy,
p800 is connected to my laptop via bluetooth.
the phone connection manager runs a program called brodcastproxy, which , i
think, enables me to use the wap from my phone, anywhere in the office,
routed thru my pc.

!