Need Help with PC to Bluetooth connection

This was originally posted in the wrong section under Windows 7. I have bluetooth headset that I wanted to connect to my PC. I downloaded a product called Broadcom. I downloaded the .exe file but whenever I execute it, Windows Security keeps asking if I want to install this device software. Then the Download Software box opens. It stops on the "Detecting Bluetooth Device". I have a bluetooth headset that is on and in recognition mode. Nothing happens, it just times out and the headphones shut off. Is there a more reliable application out there or am I doing something wrong?
7 answers Last reply
More about need bluetooth connection
  1. is your PC bluethooth capable?
  2. I don't know. Thought that the software install would enable that. You got me, I don't know what I'm doing. Can I install a driver to enable this or is it a hardware issue?
  3. what kind of PC do you have?

laptops nowadays come with but almost all PC need a little hardware add-on like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833340012
  4. I have a Toshiba Satellite L505. About 2 years old.
  5. look up the specs for your laptop and see if it has bluetooth capability.

you will need the model number like L505-S5990
  6. Okay. In the meantime my sound is GONE. I can't get any sound out of my laptop. The troubleshooter for sound and playback devices yeilds nothing. I am going to do a restore to 2 days ago and see what that does.
  7. Did restore. Still no sound. Weird. Maybe I did something awhile ago to corrupt my sound driver. WTF! Back to the drawing board.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Gaming Headsets Connection Bluetooth Wireless Networking Product