• Configuration
  • Headsets
  • Connection
  • Bluetooth
  • Wireless Networking
  • Product
Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 1, 2012 1:29:55 PM

This was originally posted in the wrong section under Windows 7. I have bluetooth headset that I wanted to connect to my PC. I downloaded a product called Broadcom. I downloaded the .exe file but whenever I execute it, Windows Security keeps asking if I want to install this device software. Then the Download Software box opens. It stops on the "Detecting Bluetooth Device". I have a bluetooth headset that is on and in recognition mode. Nothing happens, it just times out and the headphones shut off. Is there a more reliable application out there or am I doing something wrong?

More about : bluetooth connection

May 1, 2012 1:58:31 PM

is your PC bluethooth capable?
m
l
May 1, 2012 2:03:37 PM

I don't know. Thought that the software install would enable that. You got me, I don't know what I'm doing. Can I install a driver to enable this or is it a hardware issue?
m
l
Related resources
May 1, 2012 4:06:12 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505. About 2 years old.
m
l
May 1, 2012 4:32:47 PM

look up the specs for your laptop and see if it has bluetooth capability.

you will need the model number like L505-S5990
m
l
May 1, 2012 5:20:30 PM

Okay. In the meantime my sound is GONE. I can't get any sound out of my laptop. The troubleshooter for sound and playback devices yeilds nothing. I am going to do a restore to 2 days ago and see what that does.
m
l
May 1, 2012 5:47:21 PM

Did restore. Still no sound. Weird. Maybe I did something awhile ago to corrupt my sound driver. WTF! Back to the drawing board.
m
l
!