CDRW ? How to setup as a HD.

Last response: in Home Audio
March 12, 2005 9:03:14 PM

First time using one. I thought it could be setup just like a hard
drive and files dragged and dropped onto it. What is occurring is that
windows XP puts a ghost icon onto the disks open folder view and then I
have to click the menu selection upper left hand corner to "add the file
to the cd." Then when I go to try to delete the file on the cd it tells
me the file is read only.

I then tried using CD Maker 2000 Plus but I can't seem to find anything
that will let me just format the CDRW as a hard disk for easier file
maintenance and manipulation.

Am I barking up the wrong disk drive here or is there a way to setup a
CDRW disk as a hard drive to avoid all this cdr type reading and writing?

More about : cdrw setup

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 3:05:07 AM

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:03:14 -0500, Ozzy 2005
<ozzy2005@spamlovesyou.com> wrote:

>First time using one. I thought it could be setup just like a hard
>drive and files dragged and dropped onto it. What is occurring is that
>windows XP puts a ghost icon onto the disks open folder view and then I
>have to click the menu selection upper left hand corner to "add the file
>to the cd." Then when I go to try to delete the file on the cd it tells
>me the file is read only.
>
>I then tried using CD Maker 2000 Plus but I can't seem to find anything
>that will let me just format the CDRW as a hard disk for easier file
>maintenance and manipulation.
>
>Am I barking up the wrong disk drive here or is there a way to setup a
>CDRW disk as a hard drive to avoid all this cdr type reading and writing?
CD-RW must be erased if finalized before adding/changing a files.
That means you probably need to FIRST copy the files you wish to save
to a new location (another CD?)
A CD is NOT a replacement for a HD which is random read and write.

XP drag and drop (and others) allow you to add/delete to the Burn list
before you burn the disk.

, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
, / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 5:00:07 AM

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:03:14 -0500, Ozzy 2005
<ozzy2005@spamlovesyou.com> wrote:

>I then tried using CD Maker 2000 Plus but I can't seem to find anything
>that will let me just format the CDRW as a hard disk for easier file
>maintenance and manipulation.

You're looking for a packet writing system.

They are notoriously unreliable. I suggest you forget it and do
whatever you want do another way.
!