Sign in with
Your question

WIN7 virus

Last response: in Windows 7
April 6, 2012 4:30:09 PM

Bad luck. Got a virus and CMD.exe keep popping out.
I suspect it was due to a .jpg file in the temporary internet file of IE
I've downloaded 4 different anti-virus softwares and trojan remover but none of them is useful.
All the helping site on the internet is dealing with WIN XP, what should I do for my WIN 7...?

More about : win7 virus

April 6, 2012 4:38:29 PM

alanchakhin said:
I've downloaded 4 different anti-virus softwares and trojan remover but none of them is useful.
All the helping site on the internet is dealing with WIN XP, what should I do for my WIN 7...?

Use AVAST and run a boot time scan. Do the same thing with malwarebytes.
a b $ Windows 7
April 6, 2012 4:39:17 PM

Hi,

Did you try a sysytem restore ?

if not try malware bytes - anti malware.

if non of this work, maybe get the hard drive in an other computer and run scan.

Else might want to format and reinstall windows
Related resources
April 6, 2012 4:44:55 PM

get a antivirus software(avast, ms security essential, etc...) only use 1 av or it will slow down your system, malwarebytes, and rkill... boot into windows safe mode with networking, run rkill first, install your software/update, run scans.
April 6, 2012 4:51:07 PM

alanchakhin said:

you should be able to scan in safemode. Press f8 at startup. Run your antivirus scan and stop using IE. Find another browser
April 6, 2012 5:00:30 PM

Reinstall your OS.

You may spend 6-20 hours trying to remove the thing... running three different scans, blowing up your registry, trying to fix it and it might just pop up again because you missed a file.

You never know what those malware programs leave behind... even when you think you cleaned it all up.

Try Hirens BootCD... load up the mini-Windows. Save your important files to a external drive. DO NOT USE SAFE MODE FOR DATA RECOVERY.

Start making monthly back ups of your computer using the Windows imaging software or use EASEUS Todo (freeware @CNET).

If you do any web browsing that... well may be you shouldn't go to that site... then create a bootable USB with Ubuntu on it and save your primary OS from such abuse.

[edit]

Before you wipe out your previous OS... try using Magic Jelly Bean to recover your software keys. Try it in safemode with networking (so you can download it).
!