Need US version of GDFS for my Sony-Ericsson T610

Hi Guys,
Soon after getting my Sony-Ericsson T610 I immediately noticed the very
poor reception of the phone. So I updated the firmware of the phone with
some new versions (R4C003 & R6C005) but I am still having the reception
problems. I cannot make a call or receive a call from my home or the
office even when phone is displaying 2-3 bars on the signal meter.
Though I have no problems at all with my Nokia 3650 and Mitsubishi G310
phones being used on same locations. Let me explain this a bit: first I
get 2 or 3 bars then I dial a number, as soon I finish dialing the
number those signal bars disappear from the screen and then my phone
quit dialing the number and take me back to list of recently dialed
numbers. Though I can dial a number successfully when I am close to a
tower and I am getting full strength signal. Same thing happens when I
dial my T610 number from my land line phone, as soon as I dial to my
T610, signal bars disappear from T610 screen and my call is forwarded to
voice mail.

Now I don't know if this is happening due to poor reception of the phone
or if the antenna on the T610 is damaged. I have flashed my phone with
'T610 Original GDFS Area' file from www.cellular-support.com. Now I was
wondering if I can get a US or Canadian version of GDFS firmware as a
last ditch option, it may solve this problem. So I would appreciate if
anyone can please let me know where I can get a US T-mobile or Canadian
Rogers T610 GDFS firmware. Or if someone has a backup GDFS file I would
appreciate if you can please send it to me. My e-mail is rugal74@yahoo
dot com.

Thanks guys.
2 answers Last reply
More about need version gdfs sony ericsson t610

    "Rhoniel" <rhonielu@hotmail.com> wrote
    > Hi Guys,
    > Soon after getting my Sony-Ericsson T610 I immediately noticed the very poor reception of the phone. So I updated the firmware
    > of the phone with some new versions (R4C003 & R6C005) but I am still having the reception problems. I cannot make a call or
    > receive a call from my home or the office even when phone is displaying 2-3 bars on the signal meter. Though I have no problems
    > at all with my Nokia 3650 and Mitsubishi G310 phones being used on same locations. Let me explain this a bit: first I get 2 or
    > 3 bars then I dial a number, as soon I finish dialing the number those signal bars disappear from the screen and then my phone
    > quit dialing the number and take me back to list of recently dialed numbers. Though I can dial a number successfully when I am
    > close to a tower and I am getting full strength signal. Same thing happens when I dial my T610 number from my land line phone,
    > as soon as I dial to my T610, signal bars disappear from T610 screen and my call is forwarded to voice mail.
    >
    > Now I don't know if this is happening due to poor reception of the phone or if the antenna on the T610 is damaged. I have
    > flashed my phone with 'T610 Original GDFS Area' file from www.cellular-support.com. Now I was wondering if I can get a US or
    > Canadian version of GDFS firmware as a last ditch option, it may solve this problem. So I would appreciate if anyone can please
    > let me know where I can get a US T-mobile or Canadian Rogers T610 GDFS firmware. Or if someone has a backup GDFS file I would
    > appreciate if you can please send it to me. My e-mail is rugal74@yahoo dot com.

    Poor reception isn't a "digital" probel, so will unlikely be cured by
    any amount of flashing the firmware.

    Martin
    --
    M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967 110890
    Manchester, U.K. http://www.fleetie.demon.co.uk

    Fleetie wrote:
    > Poor reception isn't a "digital" probel, so will unlikely be cured by
    > any amount of flashing the firmware.
    >

    > Martin

    Yep. I also kins of knew that but this is sort of a last ditch option
    cause my phone shows 2-3 signal bars on the screen but as soon as I dial
    any number those bars disappear and my phone quit dialing the number.
    Since this is a T-mobile issued T610 phone, I thought may be flashing
    the phone with T-mobile GDFS might help.

    Does anyone else has any suggestions..... I would appreciate if someone
    can please send me this GDFS file. Thanks.

    Rhoniel

Ericsson Phones Sony Ericsson