My pci express network card can't be read?!?

josephtito19942

Honorable
May 22, 2012
I have a motherboard intel DG41RQ and it has a built in lan card but i wanted to put another lan card via the PCI express slot and i put it and the flash lights on the network card are flashing but still the hardware manager and everything on the computer haven't even noticed that i put a new hardware, and that is really driving me mad. any help plz

josephtito19942

Honorable
May 22, 2012
I am sorry to say that but i don't know which driver should i get to it and i tried the driver detective but i don't have a crack or anything he detected the prob but i am stuck with the registration.

RealBeast

Titan
Never use anything like Driver Detective they will just screw everything up, figure out what card you have and just download the proper driver from the manufacturer website. What card do you have?

And don't expect devices to work unless you install drivers.

RealBeast

Titan
Possibly, you would have to install them in compatibility mode -- i.e. download the driver and then right click on it, compatibility tab, and select Win XP SP2 as the mode. It's worth a try, I have about 80% success with that on my 64 bit Win 7 installs and old drivers.

josephtito19942

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Now i have anther big prob, i am posting this from my laptop my desktop doesnt want to start up at all after i reinstalled the card i tried to open it and i got no response not even the beep of the motherboard and only a black screen with the led flash of the screen like it's on standbye, so i tried to remove the ram and start the pc without it, so the motherboard gave me 3 beep, i reinstalled them and also nothing i even tried to remove the vga card also i got nothing plz help me i am so woried about that.

The fact that the system is complaining about a lack of ram when you removed all of the ram sticks is at least a good sign. As has already been mentioned, you probably just inadvertently bumped another device (most likely the video card) when you reinstalled your add-in network card. Remove and reseat all of the expansion cards you have in that computer and power the system back on. I doubt anything has been damaged permanently at this point.

josephtito19942

Honorable
May 22, 2012
I did all that and i removed all the cards and cleaned them and i am sure they are seated good but still nothing and also i reset the bios by the jumper and still nothing and the weird thing is that when i push the restart button the computer turn off only and dont restart! I really dunno wt's wrong :S

RealBeast

Titan
Did you put the bios clear jumper back to the default position? Or remove the ATX12V power connector, or GPU power connector (if the card needs one)?

I don't think that anything is wrong with your computer, just something not connected properly, since there were no issues before you removed the PCIe card.