Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Sound drivers for dell optiplex 745

Last response: in Windows 7
April 6, 2012 5:58:59 PM

I can't find a driver for my Dell Optiplex 745 running Windows 7. When I try to use the driver on the Dell support site it tells me: The HDA Audio Bus Driver is required and not found. I have searched all over the Dell support pages and can't find any information on this. How can I resolve this issue? Thank you.
April 6, 2012 7:12:17 PM

Hi,

I wasnt able to find a windows 7 driver for the optiplex 745, however they do have vista drivers which may work since 7 was built off of vista as I understand it. Not sure if you have 64bit version or not, but here is the link to the driver for vista x64 for the audio:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDeta...
Score
April 6, 2012 7:27:57 PM

infliction2120 said:
I can't find a driver for my Dell Optiplex 745 running Windows 7. When I try to use the driver on the Dell support site it tells me: The HDA Audio Bus Driver is required and not found. I have searched all over the Dell support pages and can't find any information on this. How can I resolve this issue? Thank you.

You can use the Vista drivers, make sure you have the Vista 32bit or Vista 64bit driver depending on your Win7 operating system. . It will typically unzip the files to c:\dell\ (Letter number) What tends to happen is it might say it can not install because it is not the right operating system. Manually install the drivers by going to device manager then click on the device and update drivers and point it to c:\dell\ (Letter number) it should install the .inf and .dll files and you should then be all set and have sound.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
April 6, 2012 7:57:17 PM
April 10, 2012 6:49:54 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
http://downloads.dell.com/audio/R228257.exe

Here you go ^

That driver will not install on Windows 7 32-bit.

I'm having the same problem as OP. The Vista driver appears to work, but generates an error message when your machine boots, which is annoying.

I also haven't tested full functionality of the sound card with the Vista driver, so it may not be fully compatible.
Score
April 14, 2012 1:55:42 AM

Thanks for the responses. I did get the sound working. First and foremost, the Vista Drivers on the Dell site do work but you also have to go into BIOS to ensure that your sound is enabled. Took alot of searching the net and trying different solutions to get the correct answer. Also there is actually a HP driver that is needed as well, I just can't remember where I found it.
Score
August 22, 2012 9:36:11 AM

Could someone please link me to all of Dell optiplex 745 Vista drivers which I need to use for win7
Score
a b \ Driver
a c 395 $ Windows 7
August 28, 2012 8:04:01 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
a b \ Driver
a c 395 $ Windows 7
August 28, 2012 8:04:49 PM

Best answer selected by Area51reopened.
Score
!