Can my phone be fixed?

Last response: in Brands
August 29, 2004 4:28:25 AM

Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
I tired different battery, but no luck.
Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
Any comments?
Thanks ppl..

More about : phone fixed

Anonymous
August 29, 2004 7:58:16 PM

"Clon" <pkim74@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
> I tired different battery, but no luck.
> Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?

May depend on where you bought it? What does the warranty say?
BTW - have you tried a diferent charger?
If the battery is very flat, you will need to leave the charger plugged in
for a while before the phone shows that it is charging
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 7:58:17 PM

"Niall / Lina" <lnsubsHAT@malmo.bonet.se> wrote in message news:<2pe5rgFjophmU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "Clon" <pkim74@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
> > I tired different battery, but no luck.
> > Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
>
> May depend on where you bought it? What does the warranty say?
> BTW - have you tried a diferent charger?
> If the battery is very flat, you will need to leave the charger plugged in
> for a while before the phone shows that it is charging

Tried 3 different charger... still no luck..
leave the charger plugged in over-night.
nothing....
my phone is dead...
August 30, 2004 1:13:18 AM

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:28:25 -0700, Clon wrote:

> Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
> I tired different battery, but no luck.

As it's only four months old it should be under warranty.

> Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?

Don't know, why don't you ask them ?

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
August 30, 2004 1:38:29 PM

i just bought a t39m yesterday brand new (old stock) and after the
initial charge in the battery died i tried to charge it and no luck. i
tried a 2nd batt and still no luck. still no charge indication or
power on, even with the charger attached. i tried a 3rd batt and VOILA
it worked! (i just happened to have some extra batteries at work). so
your phone isn't necesarily dead. take it into a retailer and try a
couple different batteries before you give up!

-nick

pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote in message news:<f1d766d.0408282328.41345d86@posting.google.com>...
> Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
> I tired different battery, but no luck.
> Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
> Any comments?
> Thanks ppl..
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 3:36:51 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <f1d766d.0408282328.41345d86@posting.google.com> on 29 Aug 2004 00:28:25
-0700, pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote:

>Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
>I tired different battery, but no luck.
>Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?

No. I've told officially that repair parts are no longer available.

August 31, 2004 4:08:06 AM

John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:<nSOYc.11161$54.152310@typhoon.sonic.net>...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <f1d766d.0408282328.41345d86@posting.google.com> on 29 Aug 2004 00:28:25
> -0700, pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote:
>
> >Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
> >I tired different battery, but no luck.
> >Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
>
> No. I've told officially that repair parts are no longer available.

Well i guess thats it.... maybe its time to upgrade...
thanks ppl...
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 12:55:49 AM

pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote in message news:<f1d766d.0408302308.d98d98f@posting.google.com>...
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:<nSOYc.11161$54.152310@typhoon.sonic.net>...
> > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
> >
> > In <f1d766d.0408282328.41345d86@posting.google.com> on 29 Aug 2004 00:28:25
> > -0700, pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote:
> >
> > >Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
> > >I tired different battery, but no luck.
> > >Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
> >
> > No. I've told officially that repair parts are no longer available.
>
> Well i guess thats it.... maybe its time to upgrade...
> thanks ppl...

I e-mail SonyEricsson and this is what i got...

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.

This phone can still be serviced through us @ 1-866-766-9374. Please not that
there is a standard OOW fee of $100-150 by credit card.

Best regards,

Sony Ericsson Online Support

What is OOW Fee?
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 10:17:42 PM

> I e-mail SonyEricsson and this is what i got...
> Dear Valued Customer,
> Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.
> This phone can still be serviced through us @ 1-866-766-9374. Please not
that
> there is a standard OOW fee of $100-150 by credit card.

> What is OOW Fee?

I am guessing "Out Of Warranty"

Niall
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 2:32:56 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <f1d766d.0408311955.55780ef9@posting.google.com> on 31 Aug 2004 20:55:49
-0700, pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote:

>pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote in message news:<f1d766d.0408302308.d98d98f@posting.google.com>...
>> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:<nSOYc.11161$54.152310@typhoon.sonic.net>...

>> > No. I've told officially that repair parts are no longer available.
>>
>> Well i guess thats it.... maybe its time to upgrade...
>> thanks ppl...
>
>I e-mail SonyEricsson and this is what i got...
>
>Dear Valued Customer,
>
>Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.
>
>This phone can still be serviced through us @ 1-866-766-9374. Please not that
>there is a standard OOW fee of $100-150 by credit card.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Sony Ericsson Online Support
>
>What is OOW Fee?

OOW = Out Of Warranty.

That was just a standard boilerplate response. As I wrote, repair parts are
NOT available.

September 10, 2004 5:53:07 AM

"Clon" <pkim74@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Niall / Lina" <lnsubsHAT@malmo.bonet.se> wrote in message
> > "Clon" <pkim74@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > > Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
> > > I tired different battery, but no luck.
> > > Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
> >
> > May depend on where you bought it? What does the warranty say?
> > BTW - have you tried a diferent charger?
> > If the battery is very flat, you will need to leave the charger plugged
in
> > for a while before the phone shows that it is charging
>

> Tried 3 different charger... still no luck..
> leave the charger plugged in over-night.
> nothing....
> my phone is dead...

Some Ericsson's especialy the older ones need the battery removed and then
replaced to dispel any charge residue, I discovered this with a T20, my R380
World and my A2628s, once the battery connection was broken and reconnected
it charged AOK

AO
!