Can my phone be fixed?

Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
I tired different battery, but no luck.
Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
Any comments?
Thanks ppl..
10 answers Last reply
More about phone fixed

    "Clon" <pkim74@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
    > I tired different battery, but no luck.
    > Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?

    May depend on where you bought it? What does the warranty say?
    BTW - have you tried a diferent charger?
    If the battery is very flat, you will need to leave the charger plugged in
    for a while before the phone shows that it is charging

    "Niall / Lina" <lnsubsHAT@malmo.bonet.se> wrote in message news:<2pe5rgFjophmU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "Clon" <pkim74@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
    > > I tired different battery, but no luck.
    > > Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
    >
    > May depend on where you bought it? What does the warranty say?
    > BTW - have you tried a diferent charger?
    > If the battery is very flat, you will need to leave the charger plugged in
    > for a while before the phone shows that it is charging

    Tried 3 different charger... still no luck..
    leave the charger plugged in over-night.
    nothing....
    my phone is dead...

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:28:25 -0700, Clon wrote:

    > Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
    > I tired different battery, but no luck.

    As it's only four months old it should be under warranty.

    > Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?

    Don't know, why don't you ask them ?

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

    i just bought a t39m yesterday brand new (old stock) and after the
    initial charge in the battery died i tried to charge it and no luck. i
    tried a 2nd batt and still no luck. still no charge indication or
    power on, even with the charger attached. i tried a 3rd batt and VOILA
    it worked! (i just happened to have some extra batteries at work). so
    your phone isn't necesarily dead. take it into a retailer and try a
    couple different batteries before you give up!

    -nick

    pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote in message news:<f1d766d.0408282328.41345d86@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
    > I tired different battery, but no luck.
    > Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
    > Any comments?
    > Thanks ppl..

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <f1d766d.0408282328.41345d86@posting.google.com> on 29 Aug 2004 00:28:25
    -0700, pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote:

    >Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
    >I tired different battery, but no luck.
    >Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?

    No. I've told officially that repair parts are no longer available.

    John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:<nSOYc.11161$54.152310@typhoon.sonic.net>...
    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <f1d766d.0408282328.41345d86@posting.google.com> on 29 Aug 2004 00:28:25
    > -0700, pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote:
    >
    > >Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
    > >I tired different battery, but no luck.
    > >Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
    >
    > No. I've told officially that repair parts are no longer available.

    Well i guess thats it.... maybe its time to upgrade...
    thanks ppl...

    pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote in message news:<f1d766d.0408302308.d98d98f@posting.google.com>...
    > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:<nSOYc.11161$54.152310@typhoon.sonic.net>...
    > > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    > >
    > > In <f1d766d.0408282328.41345d86@posting.google.com> on 29 Aug 2004 00:28:25
    > > -0700, pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
    > > >I tired different battery, but no luck.
    > > >Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
    > >
    > > No. I've told officially that repair parts are no longer available.
    >
    > Well i guess thats it.... maybe its time to upgrade...
    > thanks ppl...

    I e-mail SonyEricsson and this is what i got...

    Dear Valued Customer,

    Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.

    This phone can still be serviced through us @ 1-866-766-9374. Please not that
    there is a standard OOW fee of $100-150 by credit card.

    Best regards,

    Sony Ericsson Online Support

    What is OOW Fee?

    > I e-mail SonyEricsson and this is what i got...
    > Dear Valued Customer,
    > Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.
    > This phone can still be serviced through us @ 1-866-766-9374. Please not
    that
    > there is a standard OOW fee of $100-150 by credit card.

    > What is OOW Fee?

    I am guessing "Out Of Warranty"

    Niall

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <f1d766d.0408311955.55780ef9@posting.google.com> on 31 Aug 2004 20:55:49
    -0700, pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote:

    >pkim74@gmail.com (Clon) wrote in message news:<f1d766d.0408302308.d98d98f@posting.google.com>...
    >> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:<nSOYc.11161$54.152310@typhoon.sonic.net>...

    >> > No. I've told officially that repair parts are no longer available.
    >>
    >> Well i guess thats it.... maybe its time to upgrade...
    >> thanks ppl...
    >
    >I e-mail SonyEricsson and this is what i got...
    >
    >Dear Valued Customer,
    >
    >Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.
    >
    >This phone can still be serviced through us @ 1-866-766-9374. Please not that
    >there is a standard OOW fee of $100-150 by credit card.
    >
    >Best regards,
    >
    >Sony Ericsson Online Support
    >
    >What is OOW Fee?

    OOW = Out Of Warranty.

    That was just a standard boilerplate response. As I wrote, repair parts are
    NOT available.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    "Clon" <pkim74@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Niall / Lina" <lnsubsHAT@malmo.bonet.se> wrote in message
    > > "Clon" <pkim74@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > > > Hi i have 4 month old t39m that no longer charge or power up.
    > > > I tired different battery, but no luck.
    > > > Will SonyEricsson fix my phone?
    > >
    > > May depend on where you bought it? What does the warranty say?
    > > BTW - have you tried a diferent charger?
    > > If the battery is very flat, you will need to leave the charger plugged
    in
    > > for a while before the phone shows that it is charging
    >

    > Tried 3 different charger... still no luck..
    > leave the charger plugged in over-night.
    > nothing....
    > my phone is dead...

    Some Ericsson's especialy the older ones need the battery removed and then
    replaced to dispel any charge residue, I discovered this with a T20, my R380
    World and my A2628s, once the battery connection was broken and reconnected
    it charged AOK

    AO

Ericsson Phones Power Up