Print to a printer on a Computer via wireless from Computer via Ethern

stellarbeast

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Ok I have a netgear router, the pc I want to print from is connected via ethernet strait to router with Vista Ultimate OS. The computer the printer is hooked up to is connected via usb wireless adapter with Windows XP OS. Can I print from my computer hooked up via Ethernet from the computer that is hooked up wireless.

Solution
So go in and share your printer and then you will be able to access/print to this device. You will need to make sure windows firewall is allowing file and printer sharing and not blocking it.

Also to make your life easier, Make sure both computers are on the same workgroup and that they have unique names (Right click my computer, Properties, Computer Name) Make changes accordingly if needed and a reboot will be required.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
So go in and share your printer and then you will be able to access/print to this device. You will need to make sure windows firewall is allowing file and printer sharing and not blocking it.

Also to make your life easier, Make sure both computers are on the same workgroup and that they have unique names (Right click my computer, Properties, Computer Name) Make changes accordingly if needed and a reboot will be required.

Solution