Sign in with
Your question

Hp pavilion g7 wireless switch

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 2, 2012 9:27:51 PM

I've lost my connection. The F12 key remains lit orange when I push it. There is no button on the laptop. I tried pressing Fn and the F12 key, but that does not turn the wireless on. what else can I do.

(My desk top computer remains connected to wireless).
May 3, 2012 4:51:35 AM

Restart. It should automatically come up.
m
l
August 25, 2012 3:37:22 PM

I had this same problem and the solution that worked for me (the hp connection manager said the device manager disabled wireless) is typing in "device manager" in the start menu and selecting "device manager" to open it. Under network adapters is listed wifi. If you right click it, you can click on enable. This fixed the problem for me. Now if I click on the wireless button (f12 key) if changes from on to off and back again.

This is for windows 7 64 bit. HP Pavilion dv7-6195us Entertainment Notebook PC.
m
l
November 23, 2012 10:56:41 PM

hockeyromo said:
I had this same problem and the solution that worked for me (the hp connection manager said the device manager disabled wireless) is typing in "device manager" in the start menu and selecting "device manager" to open it. Under network adapters is listed wifi. If you right click it, you can click on enable. This fixed the problem for me. Now if I click on the wireless button (f12 key) if changes from on to off and back again.

This is for windows 7 64 bit. HP Pavilion dv7-6195us Entertainment Notebook PC.

I tried this but under network adapters there is only Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
m
l
!