Disk management boot drive

Dee_49

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Hello,
I have a disk which is partitioned into 3 = 1 is just the mft files no drive allocated, c: is my operating system and d: was the operating system. I need to change C: to boot now rather than my d:. When i start up, I have to press f1 to get started and 2 win 7 shows up. I have to move the arrow down to select the second to boot up, how do I change it, please could you help

Sounds like you could use a bootloader manager utility.

EasyBCD is the one I use. It's free and pretty easy to use to change boot order of your partitions.
http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/
(look toward the bottom, under the 2nd Buy Now blue button for the free download option for non-commercial use)

Dee_49

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
how can I change the boot loader on D: if it is possible - thanks it is working but I still have to press f1 to boot to that menu where I have to press on the 2 windows 7 load up, now the 1st one is enter

When you look at the single hard disk (Disk 0) with the Win7 Disk Management utility program - what are you seeing for each partition?

diskmanagement.png

Dee_49

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
so it is disk 0 = 19.53gb healthy (primary partion) then (D:) 72.69 gb NTFS Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition) then (C:) 205.87 gb NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump Logical Drive