How to convert 3GP video from K700i to avi, mpg, etc?

Last response: in Brands
September 2, 2004 3:12:55 PM

I am looking for software which will convert 3GP video files from my
SonyEricsson to some other common format which I can play on my PC.

The SE site had a bug which didn't allow me to register, therefore I
couldn't get any software there. I have also tried QuickTime and
software found here: http://www.mitsoftware.com/akiles/ to no avail.
It seems to generate an error (although the files play fine on my
phone).

Any suggestions?

Chris
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 1:34:06 AM

Chris MacNeil wrote:
> I am looking for software which will convert 3GP video files from my
> SonyEricsson to some other common format which I can play on my PC.
>
> The SE site had a bug which didn't allow me to register, therefore I
> couldn't get any software there. I have also tried QuickTime and
> software found here: http://www.mitsoftware.com/akiles/ to no avail.
> It seems to generate an error (although the files play fine on my
> phone).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Chris
If all you want is to play back K700i videos on your PC, QuickTime is
very good (do you have the latest version?). If you want to convert to
other formats, the non-free QuickTime Pro is also very good.
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 5:14:49 PM

"Chris MacNeil" <cmacneil@egroup.ca> wrote in message
> I am looking for software which will convert 3GP video files from my
> SonyEricsson to some other common format which I can play on my PC.
>
> The SE site had a bug which didn't allow me to register, therefore I
> couldn't get any software there. I have also tried QuickTime and
> software found here: http://www.mitsoftware.com/akiles/ to no avail.
> It seems to generate an error (although the files play fine on my
> phone).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

I found some software for converting the files to avi files, albeit very
large avi files:

http://www.aikon.ch/7650/reviews/sw_review.php3?softwar...

HTH
Dan