Sign in with
Your question

BSOD Memory Management/ Virus???

Last response: in Windows 7
April 7, 2012 3:29:41 AM

Hello, I seem to be having trouble with a computer of mine and thought I would try my luck on here.

This all started happening today, (4/6)

Upon Start up I have no internet access. No drivers are being recognized (graphics,motherboard, CD/DVD driver) and when trying to perform a system restore (to any point) I get a "catastrophic failure".

Eventually I will get a BSOD with Memory Management as its title.

I'm unable to start up in "Safe Mode" when restarting, it wont let me highlight anything but " Start Windows Normally"

I've never seen anything like this before... I'm beginning to think that it could be a virus and not a hardware issue?

Anybody have any suggstions? :( 
April 7, 2012 3:44:31 AM

Go ahead and list your computer specifications, please.
m
l
April 7, 2012 4:03:28 AM

ripa7487 said:
Hello, I seem to be having trouble with a computer of mine and thought I would try my luck on here.

This all started happening today, (4/6)

Upon Start up I have no internet access. No drivers are being recognized (graphics,motherboard, CD/DVD driver) and when trying to perform a system restore (to any point) I get a "catastrophic failure".

Eventually I will get a BSOD with Memory Management as its title.

I'm unable to start up in "Safe Mode" when restarting, it wont let me highlight anything but " Start Windows Normally"

I've never seen anything like this before... I'm beginning to think that it could be a virus and not a hardware issue?

Anybody have any suggstions? :( 

ASUS P5N-D Motherboard
Intel Q8200 quad-core processor
OCZ Fatality 550 PSU
OCZ DDR2 memory - 4 gigs 800mhz
PNY GTX 560 Ti Graphics Card
Western Digital 500G hard drive.

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 7, 2012 4:17:59 AM

Things to try:

1) boot to Memtest ( www.memtest.org )

2) hook up a spare drive and install Windows from scratch

3) swap the Power Supply

4) Create an Ubuntu disc and boot to it then use it for a while (if it works fine you likely have a software or hard drive issue with Windows)
m
l
!