bpnbm

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
Hi everyone,

This is probably where I should have started my search. During the last 2 days I have taught myself numerous things to try and figure out this problem.

I want to run 2x Client on my android to remote into my desktop. I have a Verizon fios actiontec router ver. I and running win 7 prof.. I have been able to easily set up the 2x client and remote into my desktop while on my home wifi but trying to use 3g/4g service has yielded nothing but heartache and stress.

Any thoughts on the problem would be helpful. (And I do not want to use Teamviewer b/c it does not support sound)

Let me know if you need any other info. I figured if it works with wifi why doesn't it work on the wireless signal?

When you are on the cell wireless you are on a totally different network than when on wifi. Where the phone is actually sitting at does not matter, when you are on the cell network you are on their network not yours. Your computer is on your internal network so you can't contact it. Need to setup a VPN connection to your computer or use a program like LogMeIn as a third party.

bpnbm

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2009
Thank you to all who helped.

I didn't completely understand 'Emerald's' terminology but I think that was the correct answer. Even though the computer is running on a dedicated IP address, to access the computer I needed to enter the public IP address of the modem, with port forwarding setup.

Thanks again TH members