Integrated 802.11b to 802.11g upgrade

amit

Hi,

Im new to wireless networking and am looking for the
following info.

I have a Centrino notebook which comes with an integrated
802.11b wireless adapter. Im using the MN-700 802.11g
base station. If I plug in an MN-720 adapter into my
PCMCIA slot, will it automatically bypass the integrated
b adapter and start using the MN-720? or is there
something else I need to do?

Thanks,
Amit

I'd turn off the wireless in Device Manager. Just right-click the adapter
in Network Adapters and select Disable. This will eliminate the possibility
the devices might want to "bridge" which can ruin the connection. Then just
go into Network Connections and Create a new connection. You should be set.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Amit" <arajaram@virtusa.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Im new to wireless networking and am looking for the
> following info.
>
> I have a Centrino notebook which comes with an integrated
> 802.11b wireless adapter. Im using the MN-700 802.11g
> base station. If I plug in an MN-720 adapter into my
> PCMCIA slot, will it automatically bypass the integrated
> b adapter and start using the MN-720? or is there
> something else I need to do?
>
> Thanks,
> Amit

also, there may be a combinations of keys that turn it off in hardware
as well.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist