Is the witcher direct x 10

mardo63

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
hello good people. my question is this. is the game the witcher, does it run in directx 10 in windows 7?.
i know the system requirements call for dx9.0c or better. so i guess a better question is dose windows 7 home premium run dx 10 nativly?. thank you in advance for your time,and help. mardo

mardo63

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

thx man,yeah i read my dxdiag report and win 7 has dx 11 built in. not that any games or programes that i know of that utilize 11 yet. good to be ready though!. i do have one question thoe, does a game like cryostasis sleep of reson, the only dx 10 title i have atomaticly run in 10! because i only get the icon for dx9. my card is dx 10 compatible, nvidia evga 8800 gts sc640. so des it run in 10 out the box,since my card is dx10? thank you.

isamuelson

Distinguished
I'm not sure about the game you're talking about. I know certain games (like Bioshock 1) you can say whether it's to use DirectX 10 extensions or not, so it might be the same with your game. However, since I don't have that game, I can't say for sure. I would go look around the settings area of the game or else, look and see if there is a setup program.