Sign in with
Your question

Two internet connections in one pc and port forwarding

Last response: in Networking
May 25, 2012 9:32:54 AM

Situation :
1. a LAN with about 10 pcs, a router and a shared internet connection which is connected to the router.
2. One of the PCs is a server, and is accessed from outside. the 2230 port is forwarded to it in the router.

Now the matter is, as the server uses a shared internet connection which is always very slow,
I decided to have a dedicated internet connection in the server by adding an extra NIC.

but what happens is when the outsiders try to connect to the dedicated internet connection IP address,
the port 2230 is not forwared to the server pc.

what to do?

Please help.

Sanju.
Avalon.
May 25, 2012 5:39:59 PM

The dedicated connection is not going through a router, so you do not need to forward it; ALL ports will be connected to the server.
m
l
May 31, 2012 4:06:18 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
The dedicated connection is not going through a router, so you do not need to forward it; ALL ports will be connected to the server.

Thank you very much for the reply.

you are right. the issue was some thing else. anyway it is solved.

but now I have another issue, some of the other computers in the LAN also need to access the server, but they fail to access it.
if I disconnect the LAN card in the server and reconnect it, while internet is connected, then the other nodes are able to connect.
what could be wrong?.
m
l
June 3, 2012 12:21:22 AM

on the NIC connecting to the LAN make sure that it has a Static IP and Network Mask, but NO gateway IP
m
l
Related resources
!