Will this increase internet speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Hi. Sorry if this question has already been asked.

I was just wondering, since my 780i mobo has two ethernet ports, could i use two ethernet cables running from my adsl modem to my pc and get double the speed?

My average download speed is 220kbps however would this increase it to 440? or would windows just use one connection. Someone said this would work only if my modem has "induvidual ethernet port speed controllers" which sounds strange but is kinda interesting.

Thanks in advance.

tomatthe

Distinguished
Your connection speed is based on what you are paying for with your isp. Go to www.speedtest.net and see what the results show vs what you are paying for.

Using both of those cables would not do anything for you. Most internet connections are under 50Mbit, and you have at least a 100Mbit connection to your router.

herster

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Sorry this will not increase your internet speed.You can call your service provider...
Ask for Good speed plan.Speed based on plan and price...You can get speed for what you paying..To check the speed ,visit the site Scanmyspeed.com

Demonspeed

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
No you don't have to call anybody, just log in to you communities intranet and there you can do yourself an upgrade ;), as simple as that! All of it is selfautomated and no persons has to be involed.

Status
Not open for further replies.