No longer able to connect to internet at work from laptop.

fuzzeemonkey

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Hello,

I have been using the same Toshiba A105 for the past three years at work. Recently I had to reinstall XP and since then have not been able to connect to my works wireless/wired internet most of the time. I have no trouble connecting to my wireless at home or basically anywhere else except work. Once in a rare while it will connect to work but if it's wireless it's low connectivity and if it's wired it's prone to just drop out again randomly. Everyone else at work is able to connect wirelessly/wired without issue. I've tried static IP and changing my MAC address. There are some unsecured wireless networks in range that I can connect to but don't want to for work transactions. I would appreciate any help in what I should be doing to trouble shoot this.

fuzzeemonkey

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Thanks for the response. Finding the network dude around here is near impossible. I tend to think it has to do with my computer though. I think I've fixed the wired aspect but am still having no luck with the wireless. I was in admininstrative tools and turned on Wired Autoconfig in services. Once I did that my wired connection kicked on immediately. I don't see anything wrong for the wireless in there though.