Can't access wireless router

grand343

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I have a firewall that sets DHCP. A Netgear wireless router is on the network servicng wireless devices (DHCP from firewall). I can't get in to configure my Netgear wireless router - don't remember if I set a fixed IP for it. If I run ipconfig from a wireless laptop the IP address for the gateway is the firewall. Any suggestions on how to find the IP address for the wireless router?

Solution
If you cannot recall the IP of the AP you can either (1) look in the address table of the main router to find it as static or reserved dynamic, or (2) hold down the reset button on the AP to reset it to factory defaults -- but then you will have to reconfigure it and that will disrupt your network while in progress.

grand343

Honorable
May 25, 2012

I tried that but I could not connect using the default IP address - no admin prompt came up. I am thinking I might have assigned a fixed IP? But I don't remember as it was a while ago. How could I determine the IP of the router?

RealBeast

Titan
If you cannot recall the IP of the AP you can either (1) look in the address table of the main router to find it as static or reserved dynamic, or (2) hold down the reset button on the AP to reset it to factory defaults -- but then you will have to reconfigure it and that will disrupt your network while in progress.

Solution

grand343

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Thank you. I was able to look at connected devices and find the IP (can't beleive I did not think of that). However either wireless or directly connected when I typed in the IP I did not get the challange screen for user name and pasword.

I was trying to avoid a reset. But unless you have any other great ideas tha is probably my only option.

Thank you for your assistance.