How to combine 2 ADSL lines Internet band width?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joopin

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Hey Folks,

I`m going to combine 2 512 kbps ADSL line in my PC. i know that it would be much better to get a 1 MB ADSL connection...but the problem is where i live now there is not better speed than this!!!
Well i have a PC with 2 LANs - 2 phone lines - 2 ADSL modems - as far as i learned from Google , by no means it is possible to combine them to have 1 MB data rate but it is possible for example IDM would works with one 512 and another program with another 512..!! am i right?

and load balancing is the only solution for this which it needs a special routers ! it is somehow difficult for me to provide one ..!! so my question is :

1- is there any other solution for combining this 2 lines?! i heard something about TEAMING...!
2- is it possible to use load balancing by software?
3- how about the efficiency and ping time?

Your help would be appreciated friends,
Joopin

Solution
I would use a load balancing router for the best results. There is a reasonably cheap load balancing router you could consider: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704101

You can use NIC aggregation (teaming) for LAN connections, but AFAIK Windows does not support this for WAN connections. Load balancing external connections with software, no not that I am aware of for consumer products.

Perhaps you could use the connections on different machines, otherwise I would just get a single ADSL connection.

RealBeast

Titan
I would use a load balancing router for the best results. There is a reasonably cheap load balancing router you could consider: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704101

You can use NIC aggregation (teaming) for LAN connections, but AFAIK Windows does not support this for WAN connections. Load balancing external connections with software, no not that I am aware of for consumer products.

Perhaps you could use the connections on different machines, otherwise I would just get a single ADSL connection.

Solution

Did you not even read the post. Everyone knows about multiple wan routers even the post from 2 years ago stated to use one. Whats your point they make a router than can use 4 wan circuits. Big deal it doesn't solve his problem.

It just means you can have 4 different things running from the same machine you can not have a single transfer using all 4. The 4 connection have different ip addresses so it is not possible.

That is a LIE

Please explain why 802.3ad exists if you can magically combine 4 connections with different IP into one.

I suspect you have no clue and are either trying to make money by posting garbage.

Please explain EXACTLY how you solve the problem of different IP addresses acting as a single session.

Status
Not open for further replies.