Denon DCM 380/280 won't recognize MP3 discs

Tags:
Last response: in Home Audio
Share
March 21, 2005 3:23:21 AM

I work next door to a great bar which has either a DCM-380 or 280 in the
office. Some Denon 5-disc carousel player that reads CD-Rs, etc.

I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition (Nero Burning ROM) to create simple MP3 discs.

I've followed the instructions in the owner's manual regarding ISO9660, bit
rate, etc. I don't even use folders; I simply burn the MP3 files directly
into the root directory.

When I insert these discs into the player, it will not recognize my discs as
playable. Other players (and computers) have no problem with these discs.

I am nearly certain that this is a new development, as I've burned similar
MP3 discs on the same media and they worked on this player.

Suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:17:58 AM

"Baelzar" <baelzar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I work next door to a great bar which has either a DCM-380 or 280 in
the
> office. Some Denon 5-disc carousel player that reads CD-Rs, etc.
>
> I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition (Nero Burning ROM) to create simple MP3
discs.

> I've followed the instructions in the owner's manual regarding
ISO9660, bit
> rate, etc. I don't even use folders; I simply burn the MP3 files
directly
> into the root directory.
>
> When I insert these discs into the player, it will not recognize my
discs as
> playable. Other players (and computers) have no problem with these
discs.

> I am nearly certain that this is a new development, as I've burned
similar
> MP3 discs on the same media and they worked on this player.
>
> Suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you haven't finalised the disc - so the player will not be
able to find its way around.

--
Woody

harrogate2 at ntlworld dot com
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 11:12:14 AM

"Baelzar" <baelzar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I work next door to a great bar which has either a DCM-380 or 280 in the
> office. Some Denon 5-disc carousel player that reads CD-Rs, etc.
>
> I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition (Nero Burning ROM) to create simple MP3 discs.
>
> I've followed the instructions in the owner's manual regarding ISO9660,
> bit
> rate, etc. I don't even use folders; I simply burn the MP3 files directly
> into the root directory.
>
> When I insert these discs into the player, it will not recognize my discs
> as
> playable. Other players (and computers) have no problem with these discs.
>
> I am nearly certain that this is a new development, as I've burned similar
> MP3 discs on the same media and they worked on this player.
>
> Suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

**No problem. The machine is working fine. It will not play MP3 disks. Most
CD players don't. Most DVD players will.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Trevor Wilson" <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote in message

> "Baelzar" <baelzar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I work next door to a great bar which has either a DCM-380 or 280
in the
> > office. Some Denon 5-disc carousel player that reads CD-Rs, etc.
> >
> > I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition (Nero Burning ROM) to create simple MP3
discs.

> > I've followed the instructions in the owner's manual regarding
ISO9660,
> > bit
> > rate, etc. I don't even use folders; I simply burn the MP3 files
directly
> > into the root directory.
> >
> > When I insert these discs into the player, it will not recognize
my discs
> > as
> > playable. Other players (and computers) have no problem with
these discs.

> > I am nearly certain that this is a new development, as I've burned
similar
> > MP3 discs on the same media and they worked on this player.
> >
> > Suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
>
> **No problem. The machine is working fine. It will not play MP3
disks. Most
> CD players don't. Most DVD players will.
>

> --
> Trevor Wilson
> www.rageaudio.com.au

Trev

Suggest you go look at the Denon web site - it DOES play mp3's - at
least according to them, and they should know!

--
Woody

harrogate2 at ntlworld dot com
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 12:50:08 PM

"harrogate2" <harrogate2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> "Baelzar" <baelzar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I work next door to a great bar which has either a DCM-380 or 280
> in the
>> > office. Some Denon 5-disc carousel player that reads CD-Rs, etc.
>> >
>> > I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition (Nero Burning ROM) to create simple MP3
> discs.
>> >
>> > I've followed the instructions in the owner's manual regarding
> ISO9660,
>> > bit
>> > rate, etc. I don't even use folders; I simply burn the MP3 files
> directly
>> > into the root directory.
>> >
>> > When I insert these discs into the player, it will not recognize
> my discs
>> > as
>> > playable. Other players (and computers) have no problem with
> these discs.
>> >
>> > I am nearly certain that this is a new development, as I've burned
> similar
>> > MP3 discs on the same media and they worked on this player.
>> >
>> > Suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>> **No problem. The machine is working fine. It will not play MP3
> disks. Most
>> CD players don't. Most DVD players will.
>>

>> --
>> Trevor Wilson
>> www.rageaudio.com.au
>>

> Trev
>
> Suggest you go look at the Denon web site - it DOES play mp3's - at
> least according to them, and they should know!

**I stand corrected.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

> "harrogate2" <harrogate2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Baelzar" <baelzar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> in the

>> discs.

>> ISO9660,
>> directly

>> my discs
>> these discs.

>> similar

>>> **No problem. The machine is working fine. It will not play MP3
>> disks. Most
>>> CD players don't. Most DVD players will.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Trevor Wilson
>>> www.rageaudio.com.au
>>>

>> Trev
>>
>> Suggest you go look at the Denon web site - it DOES play mp3's - at
>> least according to them, and they should know!
>
> **I stand corrected.
>

> --
> Trevor Wilson
> www.rageaudio.com.au

Almost got caught on that one myself. Thought I'd check the web site first.
Many newer players will do MP3.

Mark Z.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 8:25:30 PM

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
> "Trevor Wilson" <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote in message
>
>>"harrogate2" <harrogate2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Trevor Wilson" <trevor@SPAMBLOCKrageaudio.com.au> wrote in message

>>>in the

>>>discs.

>>>ISO9660,

>>>directly

>>>my discs

>>>these discs.

>>>similar

>>>disks. Most

>>>Trev
>>>
>>>Suggest you go look at the Denon web site - it DOES play mp3's - at
>>>least according to them, and they should know!
>>
>>**I stand corrected.
>>

>>--
>>Trevor Wilson
>>www.rageaudio.com.au
>>

> Almost got caught on that one myself. Thought I'd check the web site first.
> Many newer players will do MP3.
>

> Mark Z.

Try using 74 Min CDRs (not the 80 minute, 700 MB ones) that burn at
8-16X maximum. The player may be finicky with higher rated and more
dense CDR/CDRWs. I tend to avoid CDRW altogether as well.

CD
!