What's wrong with this stuff?

Tags:
Last response: in Home Audio
March 22, 2005 6:28:32 PM

http://home.hetnet.nl/~geenius/diary_final.html

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHDCX2496

http://www.behringer.com/EP2500/index.cfm?lang=ENG

You'd think there must be or it would all be getting some kind of
mention in the audiophile press.

More about : wrong stuff

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 10:46:06 PM

On 22 Mar 2005 15:28:32 -0800, "still learning"
<deskst49@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>http://home.hetnet.nl/~geenius/diary_final.html
>
>http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHDCX2496
>
>http://www.behringer.com/EP2500/index.cfm?lang=ENG
>
>You'd think there must be or it would all be getting some kind of
>mention in the audiophile press.

There's some discussion of this on some 'audiophile' groups and sites
but opinion varies widely. For example, despite the power of the
Behringer device, some find the overall sound quality poor and use it
only for subwoofers. For a higher quality approach, take a look at
the DEQX processor.

Kal
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 11:44:05 PM

In article <1111534112.006718.145390@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"still learning" <deskst49@peoplepc.com> wrote:

> http://home.hetnet.nl/~geenius/diary_final.html
>
> http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHDCX2496
>
> http://www.behringer.com/EP2500/index.cfm?lang=ENG
>
> You'd think there must be or it would all be getting some kind of
> mention in the audiophile press.

1152 Watts (9.6A @ 120VAC) go in to the Europower EP2500 and 2400 Watts
plus lots of hot air comes out. They must be using Kenwood's technology.

Audiophile my ass. They're not even using continuous RMS power ratings.
400W is probably more like it. Maybe the 0dB reference of their 100dB
S/N ratio is the when the amp is turned off.
!