k700i - What video file types does it support?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

the demo installed is .mp4

the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)

does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)
5 answers Last reply
More about k700i video file types support
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    > the demo installed is .mp4
    >
    > the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)
    >
    > does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)

    You need to use something like Mpegable to convert avi/mpeg to .3gp. It
    won't play normal mpegs or avi's.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    > the demo installed is .mp4
    >
    > the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)
    >
    > does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)

    Have you tried MPeg4 or WMV 8 / 9 ?

    Maybe the Mpegs you tried were either Mpeg(1) or Mpeg2.

    ---
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "James" <jamesb@Getlost.com> wrote in message

    > "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    > > the demo installed is .mp4
    > >
    > > the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)
    > >
    > > does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)
    > >

    > You need to use something like Mpegable to convert avi/mpeg to .3gp. It
    > won't play normal mpegs or avi's.

    The latest version of Windows Media Encoder (free!!) converts most filetypes
    to WMA9 and WMV9.

    Martin.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Martin" <zedolf@o2.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "James" <jamesb@Getlost.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    > > > the demo installed is .mp4
    > > >
    > > > the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)
    > > >
    > > > does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)
    > > >

    > > You need to use something like Mpegable to convert avi/mpeg to .3gp. It
    > > won't play normal mpegs or avi's.
    > >

    > The latest version of Windows Media Encoder (free!!) converts most
    filetypes
    > to WMA9 and WMV9.

    would it convert any p.c. media file type to .3pg (or mp4)?

    i want to convert conventional video to export to the phone
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    > "Martin" <zedolf@o2.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "James" <jamesb@Getlost.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message

    > > > You need to use something like Mpegable to convert avi/mpeg to .3gp.
    It
    > > > won't play normal mpegs or avi's.
    > > >

    > > The latest version of Windows Media Encoder (free!!) converts most
    > filetypes
    > > to WMA9 and WMV9.
    > >

    > would it convert any p.c. media file type to .3pg (or mp4)?
    >
    > i want to convert conventional video to export to the phone

    Windows Media Encoder will convert most videos to it's own Windows Media
    Video codec - versions 8 and 9 are supported.
    Windows Media Video is a hybrid MP4 codec so unless specifically supported
    by your K700i then it'll be no use to you.

    I had a quick search on Google to see whether the K700i supports Windows
    Media Video - found nothing positive but did find this link

    Guide for creating 3gp (mp4) video for K700i using MpegAble X4live
    http://3gp.spawnweb.dk/

    Also, a registered QuickTime Player will export videos to 3GP (and MP4 i
    believe) formats.

    Martin.

Ericsson Support Video