k700i - What video file types does it support?

Last response: in Brands
September 16, 2004 11:58:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

the demo installed is .mp4

the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)

does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)
September 17, 2004 1:18:12 AM

"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> the demo installed is .mp4
>
> the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)
>
> does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)

You need to use something like Mpegable to convert avi/mpeg to .3gp. It
won't play normal mpegs or avi's.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 1:47:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> the demo installed is .mp4
>
> the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)
>
> does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)

Have you tried MPeg4 or WMV 8 / 9 ?

Maybe the Mpegs you tried were either Mpeg(1) or Mpeg2.

---
Related resources
September 17, 2004 9:33:36 AM

"James" <jamesb@Getlost.com> wrote in message
news:o qn2d.203$vd4.46@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...

> "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> > the demo installed is .mp4
> >
> > the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)
> >
> > does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)
> >

> You need to use something like Mpegable to convert avi/mpeg to .3gp. It
> won't play normal mpegs or avi's.

The latest version of Windows Media Encoder (free!!) converts most filetypes
to WMA9 and WMV9.

Martin.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 8:37:58 PM

"Martin" <zedolf@o2.co.uk> wrote in message

> "James" <jamesb@Getlost.com> wrote in message
> news:o qn2d.203$vd4.46@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...
> >
> > "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> > > the demo installed is .mp4
> > >
> > > the video camera generates .3gp (whatever)
> > >
> > > does it support any p.c. generated movies? (.mpegs dont work)
> > >

> > You need to use something like Mpegable to convert avi/mpeg to .3gp. It
> > won't play normal mpegs or avi's.
> >

> The latest version of Windows Media Encoder (free!!) converts most
filetypes
> to WMA9 and WMV9.

would it convert any p.c. media file type to .3pg (or mp4)?

i want to convert conventional video to export to the phone
September 18, 2004 11:20:21 AM

> "Martin" <zedolf@o2.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "James" <jamesb@Getlost.com> wrote in message
> > news:o qn2d.203$vd4.46@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...
> > >
> > > "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message

> > > You need to use something like Mpegable to convert avi/mpeg to .3gp.
It
> > > won't play normal mpegs or avi's.
> > >

> > The latest version of Windows Media Encoder (free!!) converts most
> filetypes
> > to WMA9 and WMV9.
> >

> would it convert any p.c. media file type to .3pg (or mp4)?
>
> i want to convert conventional video to export to the phone

Windows Media Encoder will convert most videos to it's own Windows Media
Video codec - versions 8 and 9 are supported.
Windows Media Video is a hybrid MP4 codec so unless specifically supported
by your K700i then it'll be no use to you.

I had a quick search on Google to see whether the K700i supports Windows
Media Video - found nothing positive but did find this link

Guide for creating 3gp (mp4) video for K700i using MpegAble X4live
http://3gp.spawnweb.dk/

Also, a registered QuickTime Player will export videos to 3GP (and MP4 i
believe) formats.

Martin.
!