How to Export Outlook Notes files to Palm Memopad???

April 29, 2004 3:13:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

on my office desktop, want to just export the Outlook notes to a file to
use for importing into Palm desktop memopad on my personal laptop, am not
allowed to install Palm desktop etc on office desktop PC due to corporate
restrictions etc.

How can I get the Outlook notes into some importable format
compatible with Palm Memopad?

Outlook 2000 doesnt seem to have any export feature at all for Notes?

tia!
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 3:22:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 29 Apr 2004 11:13:50 -0700, perfb@yahoo.com (perfb) posted this:

>on my office desktop, want to just export the Outlook notes to a file to
>use for importing into Palm desktop memopad on my personal laptop, am not
>allowed to install Palm desktop etc on office desktop PC due to corporate
>restrictions etc.
>
>How can I get the Outlook notes into some importable format
>compatible with Palm Memopad?
>
>Outlook 2000 doesnt seem to have any export feature at all for Notes?
>
>tia!

So how are you expecting to transfer the files from the desktop to the
Palm? A serial connection? Beaming with IR? I guess plugging a multimedia
card reader/writer into the desktop is also verboten.

Jim
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 4:31:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 29 Apr 2004 11:13:50 -0700, perfb had this to say...

> on my office desktop, want to just export the Outlook notes to a file to
> use for importing into Palm desktop memopad on my personal laptop, am not
> allowed to install Palm desktop etc on office desktop PC due to corporate
> restrictions etc.
>
> How can I get the Outlook notes into some importable format
> compatible with Palm Memopad?
>
> Outlook 2000 doesnt seem to have any export feature at all for Notes?
>
> tia!

Yes they do, same as any of it's data. Select Notes, file menu-> export.
Follow the simple instructions presented.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Backup your Notes by archiving them. Copy archive file to disk, then to
computer with Palm Desktop software. Import archive file into Outlook.
Then Sync with Palm. I believe date and times of notes are lost as
well as some heater info.

Joe

!