Now - netgear wndr4000
Switch - trendnet teg-580g
AP - trendnet tew-638apb 1x

4 pcs
1 netbook
2 laptops
2 gaming consoles
1 blu ray/ netflix player

Im getting "no internet access" on all the computers in the house. They are running windows xp on one and 7 on the rest. Ive tried the pull the plug on everything and leave it sit, no luck. Hit the reset buttons on all the machines that have one and no luck.

I tried backwards trouble shooting starting from the switch hardwired to pc, to the modem direct hardwired to a pc. I can get internet from the modem directly.

So i bought that netgear yesterday and im still having the same problem. At the present time i am able to get internet connection from either directly from the modem. Or by plugging the modem into the new router and have only one cable come out of the router to the pc. i can also get a wireless connection from the router at this time.

when i go to plug in the cable to the switch and the 3 other cables to other pcs/ gaming consoles in the house it crashes, i get no internet anywhere hardwired or wireless. i can get internet for about 60-80 seconds after power cycling the modem to the switch.

Any thoughts would be great
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS