K700i Sleep mode

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I set my trium eclipse to sleep at 3 a.m. & wake at 7a.m to save batteries
(not like i'd take a call at 4 am anyhow) - Does K700i have a sleep mode?
13 answers Last reply
More about k700i sleep mode
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    no.

    "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    >I set my trium eclipse to sleep at 3 a.m. & wake at 7a.m to save batteries
    > (not like i'd take a call at 4 am anyhow) - Does K700i have a sleep mode?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    this piece of junk is on it's on it's way back - as we speak :o)

    ":-)" <ph@freeuk.com> wrote in message
    > no.
    >

    > "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    > >I set my trium eclipse to sleep at 3 a.m. & wake at 7a.m to save
    batteries
    > > (not like i'd take a call at 4 am anyhow) - Does K700i have a sleep
    mode?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Dave" <dave@davelet.com> wrote in message
    > "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    > >I set my trium eclipse to sleep at 3 a.m. & wake at 7a.m to save
    batteries
    > > (not like i'd take a call at 4 am anyhow) - Does K700i have a sleep
    mode?

    > Most mobiles don't have a sleep mode; it was introduced by Siemens a few
    > years ago. Just put your phone off at nights instead

    well i spose i could "just do" a lot of things that my mobile could do for
    me - figured, that the extra features would be an addition, not instead of -
    anyhow, i found there's quite a few things the £300 K700i doesn't do that my
    £35 trium does for me, so it's going back
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:30:32 GMT, "JethroUK$B%%(B" <reply@the.board> wrote:

    >"Dave" <dave@davelet.com> wrote in message
    >> "JethroUK?" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    >> >I set my trium eclipse to sleep at 3 a.m. & wake at 7a.m to save
    >batteries
    >> > (not like i'd take a call at 4 am anyhow) - Does K700i have a sleep
    >mode?
    >>
    >> Most mobiles don't have a sleep mode; it was introduced by Siemens a few
    >> years ago. Just put your phone off at nights instead
    >
    >well i spose i could "just do" a lot of things that my mobile could do for
    >me - figured, that the extra features would be an addition, not instead of -
    >anyhow, i found there's quite a few things the ?300 K700i doesn't do that my
    >?35 trium does for me, so it's going back

    I'm finding my old Nokia 6100 a much better phone for traditional
    'phone' functions. The k700i undoubtedly has better fluff but many
    simple things I relied on quite heavily on my old 6100 are not
    available on the k700i.

    Most annoyingly, there seems to be no way of simply deleting a number
    from within a contact.

    I also used to use the 'groups' feature on my old Nokia. This allowed
    me to set up different ringtones for 'work', 'friends', 'family' and
    'everyone else'. I know you can do this individually with the K700i
    but according to the manual, it doesn't allow you do this to more than
    a few contacts.

    Dale Walker London Techno Events Saiko!
    dale@sorted.org london@sorted.org saiko@sorted.org
    London, UK london.sorted.org saiko.sorted.org
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    dale@sorted.org had a brainwave and did spout the following:
    > Most annoyingly, there seems to be no way of simply deleting a number
    > from within a contact.

    Edit the number, delete all of the numbers and then press OK.
    --
    www.unlockingshop.co.uk
    T610 unlock/unbrand - £15

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:44:02 +0100, Jon <spam@unlockingshop.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >dale@sorted.org had a brainwave and did spout the following:
    >> Most annoyingly, there seems to be no way of simply deleting a number
    >> from within a contact.
    >
    >Edit the number, delete all of the numbers and then press OK.

    Exactly my point. Where's the simple menu option to do that in one go?

    Other peeves... If you answer a call or get otherwise distracted away
    from making a text message, how can you retrieve a half finished
    message? With a Nokia, the old message would remain in the edit buffer
    until it was explicitly cleared or sent. The amount of times I've
    reversed too far out of a text message and not been able to return to
    it has been considerable. OK, my fault but it's happened too many
    times for it to be funny anymore. I need a safety net for that kind of
    thing.

    And, I'm sure there's a way but I can't work it out... With SMS (with
    T9 on), say I've made a spelling mistake a word or so before my
    current point. How can I re-edit the word without having to retype the
    whole thing?

    Also used the 'insert number' feature on in SMS quite a bit which
    doesn't seem to have an equivalent on the k700i.

    Missing on all phones I've tried but would love... At the moment, I'm
    being bombarded with calls at inappropriate times and would love to
    filter some out automatically. I'd really appreciate a function that
    would allow me to enter time range where calls would automatically be
    diverted to voicemail or even just be silenced. That way, I needn't
    have to manually change my phone to 'bedtime mode' (or more
    importantly remember to return back out of it when I get up).
    More importantly, on important meetings it would be easy to block out
    all calls for the specified period.

    If incorporated into the group mode (as mentioned in my previous
    post), I could silence friends trying to call me when I'm at work,
    work from calling me when I'm having fun and mum & dad from calling me
    for that hour long chat on a Sunday morning after being out on the
    razz all the previous night and can't think straight.
    Dale Walker London Techno Events Saiko!
    dale@sorted.org london@sorted.org saiko@sorted.org
    London, UK london.sorted.org saiko.sorted.org
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:05:38 +0100, Dale Walker <dale@sorted.org>
    wrote:

    >Exactly my point. Where's the simple menu option to do that in one go?

    Perhaps it makes accidental deletion too easy?

    --

    Iain
    the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones

    Dale Walker wrote:

    > Other peeves... If you answer a call or get otherwise distracted away
    > from making a text message, how can you retrieve a half finished
    > message? With a Nokia, the old message would remain in the edit buffer
    > until it was explicitly cleared or sent. The amount of times I've
    > reversed too far out of a text message and not been able to return to
    > it has been considerable. OK, my fault but it's happened too many
    > times for it to be funny anymore. I need a safety net for that kind of
    > thing.

    My K700i saves the message, when someone calls, in the "Drafts"-Folder.
    I can easily edit it after i've finished the call. I don't see any
    problem here.

    > And, I'm sure there's a way but I can't work it out... With SMS (with
    > T9 on), say I've made a spelling mistake a word or so before my
    > current point. How can I re-edit the word without having to retype the
    > whole thing?

    Move the cursor back to the end of the word and push the joystick one
    more to the left. The word will be underscored and then you can edit it
    with "More -> Spell word".

    > Missing on all phones I've tried but would love... At the moment, I'm
    > being bombarded with calls at inappropriate times and would love to
    > filter some out automatically. I'd really appreciate a function that
    > would allow me to enter time range where calls would automatically be
    > diverted to voicemail or even just be silenced. That way, I needn't
    > have to manually change my phone to 'bedtime mode' (or more
    > importantly remember to return back out of it when I get up).
    > More importantly, on important meetings it would be easy to block out
    > all calls for the specified period.

    I'm sure there are many things, that would be nice features, but most of
    them are already built in. Maybe most of them can't be activated by a
    single "click", but that would be impossible. Everyone needs other
    features to be "single-click" because (s)he uses them often. So in the
    end you will need a big keyboard with 1 button per feature.. :)

    Don't be so lazy and just navigate a bit through the menu and you'll
    find everything. Try to remember the "code" for often used features
    (i.e. "Menu" -> "6" -> "4" for the Themes (may be different in other
    K700i)).

    cheers
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:35:39 +0200, Juergen Harzl <j.harzl@inode.at>
    wrote:

    >Dale Walker wrote:
    >
    >> Other peeves... If you answer a call or get otherwise distracted away
    >> from making a text message, how can you retrieve a half finished
    >> message? With a Nokia, the old message would remain in the edit buffer
    >> until it was explicitly cleared or sent. The amount of times I've
    >> reversed too far out of a text message and not been able to return to
    >> it has been considerable. OK, my fault but it's happened too many
    >> times for it to be funny anymore. I need a safety net for that kind of
    >> thing.
    >
    >My K700i saves the message, when someone calls, in the "Drafts"-Folder.
    >I can easily edit it after i've finished the call. I don't see any
    >problem here.

    Yes, but that means rummaging through to the drafts folder to find the
    message you've saved (providing you actually saved it instead of
    reversing even further out by accident and thus losing it completely
    like I tend to do).

    >> And, I'm sure there's a way but I can't work it out... With SMS (with
    >> T9 on), say I've made a spelling mistake a word or so before my
    >> current point. How can I re-edit the word without having to retype the
    >> whole thing?
    >
    >Move the cursor back to the end of the word and push the joystick one
    >more to the left. The word will be underscored and then you can edit it
    >with "More -> Spell word".

    But that puts the word in the dictionary, not what I necessarily want.
    Most of the time I have this problem is because I forgot to put a
    space between two words.

    >> Missing on all phones I've tried but would love... At the moment, I'm
    >> being bombarded with calls at inappropriate times and would love to
    >> filter some out automatically. I'd really appreciate a function that
    >> would allow me to enter time range where calls would automatically be
    >> diverted to voicemail or even just be silenced. That way, I needn't
    >> have to manually change my phone to 'bedtime mode' (or more
    >> importantly remember to return back out of it when I get up).
    >> More importantly, on important meetings it would be easy to block out
    >> all calls for the specified period.
    >
    >I'm sure there are many things, that would be nice features, but most of
    >them are already built in. Maybe most of them can't be activated by a
    >single "click", but that would be impossible. Everyone needs other
    >features to be "single-click" because (s)he uses them often. So in the
    >end you will need a big keyboard with 1 button per feature.. :)

    Yes but some things just require one extra menu option in the right
    place.

    >Don't be so lazy and just navigate a bit through the menu and you'll
    >find everything.

    But you don't, that's the problem. There is no 'groups' feature on a
    k700i. There is no 'sleep mode' and there is no simple way of deleting
    a whole contact with just a simple 'delete number' menu option.

    >Try to remember the "code" for often used features
    >(i.e. "Menu" -> "6" -> "4" for the Themes (may be different in other
    >K700i)).

    or from the contact in question...

    "more, view and edit, *select number to delete*, edit, delete, delete,
    delete, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete, delete,
    delete, delete, delete" (16 key presses).

    compared to Nokia's

    "details, *select number to delete*, options, d-arrow, delete number,
    OK. (5 key presses).

    You may call my lack of wanting to do 16 key presses as being lazy, I
    call it lack of convenience.

    I have sacrificed many 'conveniences' for 'fluff' in getting this
    phone. I'll still stick with the phone because I like some of the
    fluff but SE should focus more on usability than money generating
    gizmos for the telcos if I'm going to stick with them for my next
    mobile.

    Dale Walker London Techno Events Saiko!
    dale@sorted.org london@sorted.org saiko@sorted.org
    London, UK london.sorted.org saiko.sorted.org
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:29:23 +0100 and in article
    <0dr0l019kj5sn7g7icc8blj5pg1lng1cas@4ax.com>, Dale Walker said...
    : I have sacrificed many 'conveniences' for 'fluff' in getting this
    : phone. I'll still stick with the phone because I like some of the
    : fluff but SE should focus more on usability than money generating
    : gizmos for the telcos if I'm going to stick with them for my next
    : mobile.
    :
    :
    I just can't believe the K700i doesnt have SE's legendary Calling Card
    feature! That lack of feature alone means the phone can go to the dogs
    as far as i'm concerned. Incidentally, the K700's way of locking the
    keypad just doesnt make any sense - it's reversed from the T610/630 way
    of doing things! I'm waiting for the updated T610/630 to come out.
    --
    chris
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "chris" <see@reply.to.field> wrote in message
    Incidentally, the K700's way of locking the
    > keypad just doesnt make any sense - it's reversed from the T610/630 way
    > of doing things! I'm waiting for the updated T610/630 to come out.
    > --

    it does have an advantage though - previously (on all phones), if you phone
    was idle and you just want to check the time, date or see if you have missed
    calls/messages, when you press a button, you cant see because of phone
    unlock prompt (this very frustrating & you had to unlock phone just to
    glance the screen) - the k700 lets you see the screen without a prompt, you
    only get unlock prompt on second key press
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    chris wrote:
    > of doing things! I'm waiting for the updated T610/630 to come out.

    The K700 _is_ the updated T630, if you ask me.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 04:53:04 GMT, "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:

    >previously (on all phones), if you phone
    >was idle and you just want to check the time, date or see if you have missed
    >calls/messages, when you press a button, you cant see because of phone
    >unlock prompt

    Certainly not true of the T610.

    To see the time, press one of the up/down keys on the side, and the
    clock lights up.

    To see if there are any missed calls, press any other key, and the
    missed call indicator is visible at the top of the screen. After half
    a second, the unlock prompt goes away, and you can see the full
    screen.

    --

    Iain
    the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones
    http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html
    Browse now while stocks last!

Ericsson Sleep Mode Mobile