Two Base station MN-500, one's a router the other access p..

Is it possible for me to have this kind of setup with two
base stations mn-500?

Internet--Base Station(Router Mode)---))) ((((--Base
Station(Access Point Mode)---Playstation 2 or PC
9 answers Last reply
More about base station router access

    The MN-500's need to be wired together.
    They will not communicate with each other wirelessly (I assume that's what
    you were trying to diagram).

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Anthony" <ajgrecojr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible for me to have this kind of setup with two
    > base stations mn-500?
    >
    > Internet--Base Station(Router Mode)---))) ((((--Base
    > Station(Access Point Mode)---Playstation 2 or PC

    Yes I am, wireless communication between the two MN-500.

    Is there any other way to accomplish this without using a
    Wireless Game Adapter like the Linksys model shown here
    http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?
    grid=33&scid=38&prid=550

    I would like to have the ability to connect a playstation
    and pc at the same time.

    With the hardware you have now, no.

    --

    > Yes I am, wireless communication between the two MN-500.
    >
    > Is there any other way to accomplish this without using a
    > Wireless Game Adapter like the Linksys model shown here
    > http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?
    > grid=33&scid=38&prid=550
    >
    > I would like to have the ability to connect a playstation
    > and pc at the same time.

    Why will it not do it? Is this model not designed to
    it? Or is it not possible to use an access point this
    why? Please explain so I can understand networking.
    Thanks.

    You could use a real Access Point, Anthony. Take a look at
    www.practicallynetworked.com for product information and additional
    networking explanations. The Microsoft Broadband Networking base stations
    are not constructed, nor capable, of talking to each other - unless one is
    set to access mode AND wired to the router. The hardware is just not built
    for it.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "Anthony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why will it not do it? Is this model not designed to
    > it? Or is it not possible to use an access point this
    > why? Please explain so I can understand networking.
    > Thanks.

    Is it possible for 2 MN-700(base station) to communicate
    with each other wirelessly?
    thanks

    nope. sorry

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 07:54:46 -0700, "viv"

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Thanks for the link, it helped a lot. I found the
    information I needed in the following links. So, if
    anyone has the same idea, check the links out.

    This link tells you why it doesn't work.
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/pg/wireless_networking
    _bkgrounder_pg2.htm

    This link tells you what works.
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/wireless_br
    idge.htm

    -
    >> Base

    >>>.
    >>>

    >.

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Thanks for posting back, Anthony. Glad you got it sorted out. Sometimes it
    is best to have the overview right in front of you, and
    practicallynetworked.com does an excellent job of dispensing the information
    properly. Enjoy your LAN now!
    --

    > Thanks for the link, it helped a lot. I found the
    > information I needed in the following links. So, if
    > anyone has the same idea, check the links out.
    >
    > This link tells you why it doesn't work.
    > http://www.practicallynetworked.com/pg/wireless_networking
    > _bkgrounder_pg2.htm
    >
    > This link tells you what works.
    > http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/wireless_br
    > idge.htm

Routers Hardware PlayStation Microsoft Internet Networking