Two Base station MN-500, one's a router the other access p..

Last response: in Networking
Share
April 20, 2004 10:22:03 PM

Is it possible for me to have this kind of setup with two
base stations mn-500?

Internet--Base Station(Router Mode)---))) ((((--Base
Station(Access Point Mode)---Playstation 2 or PC
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 1:28:44 AM

The MN-500's need to be wired together.
They will not communicate with each other wirelessly (I assume that's what
you were trying to diagram).

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Anthony" <ajgrecojr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible for me to have this kind of setup with two
> base stations mn-500?
>
> Internet--Base Station(Router Mode)---))) ((((--Base
> Station(Access Point Mode)---Playstation 2 or PC

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 1:28:45 AM

Yes I am, wireless communication between the two MN-500.

Is there any other way to accomplish this without using a
Wireless Game Adapter like the Linksys model shown here
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?
grid=33&scid=38&prid=550

I would like to have the ability to connect a playstation
and pc at the same time.

April 21, 2004 2:09:29 AM

With the hardware you have now, no.

--

> Yes I am, wireless communication between the two MN-500.
>
> Is there any other way to accomplish this without using a
> Wireless Game Adapter like the Linksys model shown here
> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?
> grid=33&scid=38&prid=550
>
> I would like to have the ability to connect a playstation
> and pc at the same time.

April 21, 2004 2:09:30 AM

Why will it not do it? Is this model not designed to
it? Or is it not possible to use an access point this
why? Please explain so I can understand networking.
Thanks.

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 2:09:31 AM

You could use a real Access Point, Anthony. Take a look at
www.practicallynetworked.com for product information and additional
networking explanations. The Microsoft Broadband Networking base stations
are not constructed, nor capable, of talking to each other - unless one is
set to access mode AND wired to the router. The hardware is just not built
for it.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Anthony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why will it not do it? Is this model not designed to
> it? Or is it not possible to use an access point this
> why? Please explain so I can understand networking.
> Thanks.

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 11:54:46 AM

Is it possible for 2 MN-700(base station) to communicate
with each other wirelessly?
thanks

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 8:36:01 PM

nope. sorry

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 07:54:46 -0700, "viv"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Thanks for the link, it helped a lot. I found the
information I needed in the following links. So, if
anyone has the same idea, check the links out.

This link tells you why it doesn't work.
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/pg/wireless_network...
_bkgrounder_pg2.htm

This link tells you what works.
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/wireless...
idge.htm

-
>> Base

>>>.
>>>

>.

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 10:21:33 PM

Thanks for posting back, Anthony. Glad you got it sorted out. Sometimes it
is best to have the overview right in front of you, and
practicallynetworked.com does an excellent job of dispensing the information
properly. Enjoy your LAN now!
--

!