How can i connect 2 routers to a cable modem

Hello,
excuse me i have a cable modem and i want to connect 2 diferent wireless router .when i connected i dont have internet trought LAN ports just wireless and i need have internet in those LAN ports anyone can give me advise what can i do please.
4 answers Last reply
More about connect routers cable modem
  1. models of the cable modem, and both the router?
  2. It is quite simple that you know that both routers only have a single Ethernet port, this is basically impossible if your ISP doesn't allow it. You will have to get a router that has both a WAN port and LAN ports, like the Airport Extreme, and plug the Fonera router into one of the LAN ports.
  3. If you turn off DHCP on the second router, you should be able to use the ethernet ports as a switch, but you need to hook up an ethernet cable from the first router into a LAN port on the second router.
  4. hang-the-9 said:
    If you turn off DHCP on the second router, you should be able to use the ethernet ports as a switch, but you need to hook up an ethernet cable from the first router into a LAN port on the second router.

Thanks for given a useful information about router. Where you gave some useful information about the ethernet.I am very thankful to you because you have given a good advice and also that you gave your personal experiance of your router.I like it so keep posting.
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN Connection Modem Cable Networking