Sign in with
Your question

How can i connect 2 routers to a cable modem

Last response: in Networking
May 29, 2012 10:57:46 PM

Hello,
excuse me i have a cable modem and i want to connect 2 diferent wireless router .when i connected i dont have internet trought LAN ports just wireless and i need have internet in those LAN ports anyone can give me advise what can i do please.
May 31, 2012 1:56:27 AM

models of the cable modem, and both the router?
m
l
June 1, 2012 4:33:17 PM

It is quite simple that you know that both routers only have a single Ethernet port, this is basically impossible if your ISP doesn't allow it. You will have to get a router that has both a WAN port and LAN ports, like the Airport Extreme, and plug the Fonera router into one of the LAN ports.
m
l
Related resources
June 1, 2012 7:38:09 PM

If you turn off DHCP on the second router, you should be able to use the ethernet ports as a switch, but you need to hook up an ethernet cable from the first router into a LAN port on the second router.
m
l
June 2, 2012 12:09:56 AM

hang-the-9 said:
If you turn off DHCP on the second router, you should be able to use the ethernet ports as a switch, but you need to hook up an ethernet cable from the first router into a LAN port on the second router.

Thanks for given a useful information about router. Where you gave some useful information about the ethernet.I am very thankful to you because you have given a good advice and also that you gave your personal experiance of your router.I like it so keep posting.
m
l
!