Finally SD wifi ?

a b α HP
April 29, 2004 11:10:53 PM

The other day I was with a friend who just got a new HP digital camera.
Hey..it uses SD..I popped it into my t3..and I was able to both browse the
photos..and even play the videos with great sound...right off the SD cards.
It really was impression playing the videos right off of the camera. Make me
realize that my next camera will be SD one.

Now..even Cannon (yes..I am not kidding) Cannon is starting to offer cameras
with SD memory!.

And, looking at pda's from HP...they are going SD also.

It looks like SD cards are gaining tremendous momentum in the market place.
Each month brings more and more manufactures on board with pda's, or cameras
that now use the SD format. (can you believe cannon..wow!).

And, my point? ...it looks like some SD wifi cards are coming for the palm.

It seems we will have some choices quite soon...

.......anyone have any new links or info in addition to the following two?

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=6656

and

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5164

--
Albert D. Kallal
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

More about : finally wifi

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 29, 2004 11:27:55 PM

"Albert D. Kallal" <kallal@msn.com> wrote ...

> And, my point? ...it looks like some SD wifi cards are coming for the
palm.

> It seems we will have some choices quite soon...
>
> ......anyone have any new links or info in addition to the following two?

Pretec announced a Wi-Fi SD card yesterday and it seems there will be Palm
OS drivers for it:
http://www.brighthand.com/article/Pretec_Announces_Seve...

-Ed

--
Editor-in-Chief
http://www.brighthand.com

"Ed Hardy" <edhardy3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%Gckc.16624>

> Pretec announced a Wi-Fi SD card yesterday and it seems there will be Palm
> OS drivers for it:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Pretec_Announces_Seve...

> -Ed

By my count, this is the fourth WiFi SD card announced for Palm. Who will
be first to market?

- Sandisk (Scheduled Q1 2004)
- Hagiwara Sys-Com (Scheduled Q3 2003)
- C-Guys (Scheduled May 2004)
- Pretec (Scheduled Q2 2004)

--
http://www.zansstuff.com/contact.html
a b α HP

I'll buy the first non-SanDisk card to hit the market. I am deeply
disapointed in SanDisk on all fronts and will avoid buying their products
whenever I can. Looks like they may be the first to announce and the last to
deliver (if they every deliver on Palm).

Cheers
TC

"Zan Hecht" <paablcmdfeafqg@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "Ed Hardy" <edhardy3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%Gckc.16624>
> >
> > Pretec announced a Wi-Fi SD card yesterday and it seems there will be
Palm
> > OS drivers for it:

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Pretec_Announces_Seve...

> > -Ed
>
> By my count, this is the fourth WiFi SD card announced for Palm. Who will
> be first to market?
>
> - Sandisk (Scheduled Q1 2004)
> - Hagiwara Sys-Com (Scheduled Q3 2003)
> - C-Guys (Scheduled May 2004)
> - Pretec (Scheduled Q2 2004)
>
> --
> http://www.zansstuff.com/contact.html

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 30, 2004 8:32:31 PM

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:10:53 +0000, Albert D. Kallal wrote:

> It looks like SD cards are gaining tremendous momentum in the market
> place. Each month brings more and more manufactures on board with pda's,
> or cameras that now use the SD format. (can you believe cannon..wow!).

The flash memory market is shaking out. I would say that it's quite likely
that SD and Compact Flash will be the only two formats worth considering
in the future. SmartMedia is already dead, MemoryStick survives only on
Sony products, but is becoming increasingly irrelevant, and XD doesn't
seem to be taking off. SD will dominate in size-critical devices, CF will
be used in higher performance stuff where size isn't quite as important.
It's worth noting that Canon's latest professional camera, the 1D mark II,
supports both CF and SD.

Mike.
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 1, 2004 1:25:07 AM

In article
<pan.2004.04.30.15.32.31.968509@_nospam_coruscant.demon.co.uk>, Mike
Brodbelt <mike@_nospam_coruscant.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The flash memory market is shaking out. I would say that it's quite likely
> that SD and Compact Flash will be the only two formats worth considering
> in the future. SmartMedia is already dead, MemoryStick survives only on
> Sony products, but is becoming increasingly irrelevant, and XD doesn't
> seem to be taking off. SD will dominate in size-critical devices, CF will
> be used in higher performance stuff where size isn't quite as important.
> It's worth noting that Canon's latest professional camera, the 1D mark II,
> supports both CF and SD.

Hardly a new trend has it? The bets on CF and SD has been going back a
long way now.