Sign in with
Your question

Antec SX1030B - Good case?

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
May 21, 2002 5:01:20 PM

I'm thinking of buying a new case, good case for a good price. I've got my eye on an antec SX1030B. Any perks I should know about b4 I buy it?

All I want for Christmas is and AMD.... Athlon XP..... A Geforce 3....

More about : antec sx1030b good case

May 21, 2002 6:00:49 PM

The case is great but I like Enermax FS-710B better. It is the same case but with a better PSU.
May 21, 2002 8:08:07 PM

From what I've seen and heard, Antec makes a very good case. I don't know what you're planning to load it with but with 10 bays available you might be pushing the limits of a 300w power supply. Tom's Hardware just posted a good article on choosing a case today in the How -To section if you haven't read it. Chieftec makes some cases for Antec and they sell a similar unit at Newegg for $49 w/o power, Mod# DX-01BD, you could pick up a better PSU from either Antec or Enermax to get the extra output you might need. Other option might be Antec SX1040 similar case but with AMD approved 400w power for $118 white or black also at Newegg.
Related resources
Anonymous
May 24, 2002 7:28:37 AM

I won't be packing a lot in the casee. DVD drive, CDRW, 2 HDDs and floppy are the main bay occupiers but I want space for expansion. Of course the case looks real good, that's another thing. Does anyone know about noise issues with this case. A coulpe of reviews I've say there's that problem, others don't. I'm buying a whole system - budget is tight. I've set aside $80 for the case. Any other suggestions for a good case?

May 25, 2002 7:22:48 AM

Cheiftec offers the same case, you can get it without power supply for only $40 from Newegg.com. I would recommend an Enermax power supply for it.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Anonymous
May 28, 2002 11:21:49 AM

Thanx guys. I think that settles it. I've done a little more searching on the net for reviews and I'm sure that for it's price it's a solid deal.

!