old black module board for c band receiver

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
March 15, 2005 6:45:01 AM

I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 1:32:05 PM

Is this the black VC2 module that people modify with a chip to steal the
signals,which only gets video,but no audio?

"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 2:50:15 PM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:45:01 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Replace it with a purple board,and it will get the audio.
March 16, 2005 2:15:03 AM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:45:01 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

It works in your 4DTV?

You need to program the eprom with the latest autoroll bin.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:06:48 AM

"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Boy, just jump all over the guy. He didn't say "I'm pirating television
and having a problem," he just asked for help. Not saying he is
one way or the other, but seriously, replace the board with a
purple one? Get real, don't answer if you aren't going to help.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:06:49 AM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:06:48 GMT, "dvb guy" <znmiller@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks
>>

>Boy, just jump all over the guy. He didn't say "I'm pirating television
>and having a problem," he just asked for help. Not saying he is
>one way or the other, but seriously, replace the board with a
>purple one? Get real, don't answer if you aren't going to help.

By adimitting he has a black board, and is giving those symptoms, it
is hard to say he ISN'T stealing TV. And getting a purple board is a
very viable solution.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 1:13:35 PM

He also said(see below): "I can get 'ALL' the video,but no audio..."

From the description the only conclusion one can come to is that he is
using a black "chipped" VC2 board...since that's the only board that can get
video and no audio.

Best to get a purple VC2+ module and pay for programming

It is in the honest C bander's best interest to discourage theft of signals!

"Gary J Tait" <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D vbf31p8ceklfn7bbum65q4bvjk9cluk29@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:06:48 GMT, "dvb guy" <znmiller@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
>>"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix
>>> for
>>> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks
>>>

>>Boy, just jump all over the guy. He didn't say "I'm pirating television
>>and having a problem," he just asked for help. Not saying he is
>>one way or the other, but seriously, replace the board with a
>>purple one? Get real, don't answer if you aren't going to help.
>>

> By adimitting he has a black board, and is giving those symptoms, it
> is hard to say he ISN'T stealing TV. And getting a purple board is a
> very viable solution.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 1:13:57 PM

That's stealing!

"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:45:01 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>>the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks
>>

> It works in your 4DTV?
>
> You need to program the eprom with the latest autoroll bin.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 1:13:58 PM

And that's moralising!

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:13:57 -0500, "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>That's stealing!
>
>"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:45:01 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>>>the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks
>>>

>> It works in your 4DTV?
>>
>> You need to program the eprom with the latest autoroll bin.

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 8:00:01 PM

NO,it's rationalization and refusing to face facts!

Something either IS stealing,or it ISN'T!There is NO middle ground!

If the channel is encrypted,because a subscription is required,then if one
is receiving it otherwise,it's NOT:

"getting it for 'free"
"getting it without paying for it"
"hacking,testing and all the other rationalizing statements that THIEVES
love to make....

IT"S STEALING AKA THEFT OF SERVICE!It is LAW and a criminal,indictable
international offense!

If you can't,or won't see the reality of that,then you'd better stick your
head back in the sand!

Yes,stealing is also an ethical and a moral issue too!"Thou shalt not
steal!""love thy neighbor as thyself" and so on.Would you want your neighbor
stealing from you?Like I said:

Stealing hurts everybody,including the thief!Unfortunately,few thieves are
bright enough to see that!

"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> And that's moralising!
>
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:13:57 -0500, "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>That's stealing!
>>
>>"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message

>>> It works in your 4DTV?
>>>
>>> You need to program the eprom with the latest autoroll bin.

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 8:00:02 PM

This whole TVRO business was built on stealing, dealers in the
1980s advertising satellite systems where you could receive HBO,
Cinemax for free, the intended signals were for head-end cable
distributors and just because they were un-crypted they were
still supposed to be paid for, when the numer of backyard dish
systems rose to over the one million mark, then encryption started.
The dealers then started supplying 'chipped' boards to defeat the
encryption, the program suppliers then got onto the dealers and
co-opted them into being program brokers, all of a sudden
it was 'stealing' to use these chipped boards supplied by these
very dealers who now turned 'legititmate' Your country 'Canada,
was one of the biggest sources for these compromised boards.
So when peiople like you start moralising about theft a little
history lesson seems to be in order.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:00:01 -0500, "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>NO,it's rationalization and refusing to face facts!
>
>Something either IS stealing,or it ISN'T!There is NO middle ground!
>
>If the channel is encrypted,because a subscription is required,then if one
>is receiving it otherwise,it's NOT:
>
>"getting it for 'free"
>"getting it without paying for it"
>"hacking,testing and all the other rationalizing statements that THIEVES
>love to make....
>
>IT"S STEALING AKA THEFT OF SERVICE!It is LAW and a criminal,indictable
>international offense!
>
>If you can't,or won't see the reality of that,then you'd better stick your
>head back in the sand!
>
>Yes,stealing is also an ethical and a moral issue too!"Thou shalt not
>steal!""love thy neighbor as thyself" and so on.Would you want your neighbor
>stealing from you?Like I said:
>
>Stealing hurts everybody,including the thief!Unfortunately,few thieves are
>bright enough to see that!
>

>"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> And that's moralising!
>>
>> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:13:57 -0500, "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>That's stealing!
>>>
>>>"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:24:35 PM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:26:59 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:

>This whole TVRO business was built on stealing, dealers in the
>1980s advertising satellite systems where you could receive HBO,
>Cinemax for free, the intended signals were for head-end cable
>distributors and just because they were un-crypted they were
>still supposed to be paid for,

They were unecrypted then. Yes, when they started encrypting it became
theft, and has always since been theft.

Becasue these channels have been transmitting ITC in the past, does
not make it any less than theft now that they are enctypted.

>when the numer of backyard dish
>systems rose to over the one million mark, then encryption started.
>The dealers then started supplying 'chipped' boards to defeat the
>encryption, the program suppliers then got onto the dealers and
>co-opted them into being program brokers, all of a sudden
>it was 'stealing' to use these chipped boards supplied by these
>very dealers who now turned 'legititmate' Your country 'Canada,
>was one of the biggest sources for these compromised boards.
>So when peiople like you start moralising about theft a little
>history lesson seems to be in order.
>
>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:00:01 -0500, "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>NO,it's rationalization and refusing to face facts!
>>
>>Something either IS stealing,or it ISN'T!There is NO middle ground!
>>
>>If the channel is encrypted,because a subscription is required,then if one
>>is receiving it otherwise,it's NOT:
>>
>>"getting it for 'free"
>>"getting it without paying for it"
>>"hacking,testing and all the other rationalizing statements that THIEVES
>>love to make....
>>
>>IT"S STEALING AKA THEFT OF SERVICE!It is LAW and a criminal,indictable
>>international offense!
>>
>>If you can't,or won't see the reality of that,then you'd better stick your
>>head back in the sand!
>>
>>Yes,stealing is also an ethical and a moral issue too!"Thou shalt not
>>steal!""love thy neighbor as thyself" and so on.Would you want your neighbor
>>stealing from you?Like I said:
>>
>>Stealing hurts everybody,including the thief!Unfortunately,few thieves are
>>bright enough to see that!
>>

>>"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> And that's moralising!

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:24:36 PM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:24:35 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:26:59 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>This whole TVRO business was built on stealing, dealers in the
>>1980s advertising satellite systems where you could receive HBO,
>>Cinemax for free, the intended signals were for head-end cable
>>distributors and just because they were un-crypted they were
>>still supposed to be paid for,
>
>They were unecrypted then. Yes, when they started encrypting it became
>theft, and has always since been theft.
>
>Becasue these channels have been transmitting ITC in the past, does
>not make it any less than theft now that they are enctypted.

Exactly, that is why it is so phoney for validar, who is pretty
active in the OO section, to moralise about stealing.
It's a bit like Identity Theft, you still have your Identity
even if someone is posing as you, and using your personal information
to get goods and services without paying for them.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:41:59 AM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:13:57 -0500, "Valdivar"
<rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote:

>That's stealing!

Perhaps, but it is the correct answer.

Still wondering if someone went to the trouble of making it work in a
4DTV with cages at an all time low...for now. LOL

>"kryppy" <kryppy@gmail.cc> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:45:01 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>>>the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks
>>>

>> It works in your 4DTV?
>>
>> You need to program the eprom with the latest autoroll bin.

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 5:34:05 AM

"Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> He also said(see below): "I can get 'ALL' the video,but no audio..."
>
> From the description the only conclusion one can come to is that he is
> using a black "chipped" VC2 board...since that's the only board that can
get
> video and no audio.
>
> Best to get a purple VC2+ module and pay for programming
>
> It is in the honest C bander's best interest to discourage theft of
signals!

Best interest or not, cband is still going down the drain, regardless
of how you get it. Oh, and it's the ones stealing it that get to watch
things like the history channel long after they've "left" analog cband.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 12:06:39 PM

I'm shocked, shocked, there's gambling going on here !! Round up the usual
suspects.....Claude Raines.
It's amazing how a simple statement/question can stimulate the mind. ( to a
few I suggest you just read the Post)
As it appears to some that I've been convicted, I'll spare the details of
the Old Black Board but they are for sale on EBAY if that means any
thing...... I don't think so.
I've had a bud since I had a Clark Belt to hold up my trousers and there was
no such thing as a subscription to anything. So what? Well I have and will
continue to subscribe to C Band as long as I can maintain the old dish and
there is adequate programming. I suspect this holds for most of the bud
owners. I will however, reserve my right to move my dish/change hardware as
I see fit and within the Laws governing communications.
I regret that the Post took us back to the 70/80's when everyone , including
myself had their definition of the Law. The courts have defined that for us
sometime ago so there's no need to go there again.
( oh I almost forgot this all started as I was looking to buy a 4dtv
receiver on another site.}Amen

"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 12:06:40 PM

My sentiments as well.
Some of us go back when there was no
Clarke belt, I wonder how Arthur C. fared during the
tsunami, the last I heard he was still in Sri Lanka.

For what it is worth I have always paid for my subscription,
not because of any moralising twaddle, but because it makes
sense to support the programmers, but you are right about
the old days when it was in the clear, and Yellow Rain was
still in the future.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:06:39 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm shocked, shocked, there's gambling going on here !! Round up the usual
>suspects.....Claude Raines.
> It's amazing how a simple statement/question can stimulate the mind. ( to a
>few I suggest you just read the Post)
>As it appears to some that I've been convicted, I'll spare the details of
>the Old Black Board but they are for sale on EBAY if that means any
>thing...... I don't think so.
>I've had a bud since I had a Clark Belt to hold up my trousers and there was
>no such thing as a subscription to anything. So what? Well I have and will
>continue to subscribe to C Band as long as I can maintain the old dish and
>there is adequate programming. I suspect this holds for most of the bud
>owners. I will however, reserve my right to move my dish/change hardware as
>I see fit and within the Laws governing communications.
>I regret that the Post took us back to the 70/80's when everyone , including
>myself had their definition of the Law. The courts have defined that for us
>sometime ago so there's no need to go there again.
> ( oh I almost forgot this all started as I was looking to buy a 4dtv
>receiver on another site.}Amen
>

>"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:25:02 PM

Regardless of what did,or didn't happen(and no the TVRO indi=ustyr was not
built on stealing,but it shows what twisted lengths people will go to to
justify their lawless actions),back in the 80s,or now,it never justifies
taking the law into your own hands!

Your post just goes to prove the same thing I see all the time: ALL THIEVES
ARE SELFISH!

> This whole TVRO business was built on stealing, dealers in the
> 1980s advertising satellite systems where you could receive HBO,
> Cinemax for free, the intended signals were for head-end cable
> distributors and just because they were un-crypted they were
> still supposed to be paid for, when the numer of backyard dish
> systems rose to over the one million mark, then encryption started.
> The dealers then started supplying 'chipped' boards to defeat the
> encryption, the program suppliers then got onto the dealers and
> co-opted them into being program brokers, all of a sudden
> it was 'stealing' to use these chipped boards supplied by these
> very dealers who now turned 'legititmate' Your country 'Canada,
> was one of the biggest sources for these compromised boards.
> So when peiople like you start moralising about theft a little
> history lesson seems to be in order.
>
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:00:01 -0500, "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>NO,it's rationalization and refusing to face facts!
>>
>>Something either IS stealing,or it ISN'T!There is NO middle ground!
>>
>>If the channel is encrypted,because a subscription is required,then if one
>>is receiving it otherwise,it's NOT:
>>
>>"getting it for 'free"
>>"getting it without paying for it"
>>"hacking,testing and all the other rationalizing statements that THIEVES
>>love to make....
>>
>>IT"S STEALING AKA THEFT OF SERVICE!It is LAW and a criminal,indictable
>>international offense!
>>
>>If you can't,or won't see the reality of that,then you'd better stick your
>>head back in the sand!
>>
>>Yes,stealing is also an ethical and a moral issue too!"Thou shalt not
>>steal!""love thy neighbor as thyself" and so on.Would you want your
>>neighbor
>>stealing from you?Like I said:
>>
>>Stealing hurts everybody,including the thief!Unfortunately,few thieves are
>>bright enough to see that!
>>

>>"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> And that's moralising!
>>>
>>> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:13:57 -0500, "Valdivar"
>>> <rebelleader68@hotmail.com>

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:27:41 PM

There is no "moralising" about it!

Either it IS stealing,or it ISN"T!

If you are supposed to pay for a channel and you are getting it
otherwise,that is theft!

Plain and simple!Get your head out of your behind and get grip on reality!
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:24:35 -0500, Gary J Tait
> <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:26:59 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>This whole TVRO business was built on stealing, dealers in the
>>>1980s advertising satellite systems where you could receive HBO,
>>>Cinemax for free, the intended signals were for head-end cable
>>>distributors and just because they were un-crypted they were
>>>still supposed to be paid for,
>>
>>They were unecrypted then. Yes, when they started encrypting it became
>>theft, and has always since been theft.
>>
>>Becasue these channels have been transmitting ITC in the past, does
>>not make it any less than theft now that they are enctypted.
>>

> Exactly, that is why it is so phoney for validar, who is pretty
> active in the OO section, to moralise about stealing.
> It's a bit like Identity Theft, you still have your Identity
> even if someone is posing as you, and using your personal information
> to get goods and services without paying for them.

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:27:42 PM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:27:41 -0500, "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>There is no "moralising" about it!
>
>Either it IS stealing,or it ISN"T!
>
>If you are supposed to pay for a channel and you are getting it
>otherwise,that is theft!

Just remember your own advice the next time you
use OO information.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:31:16 PM

The courts had to define the rights of the copyright holders and
intellectual property rights and make other laws,because left to themselves
"some" people just can't and won't conduct themselves honestly and respect
the rights of others!

Like I said,selfishness is at the root of it.

> I'm shocked, shocked, there's gambling going on here !! Round up the usual
> suspects.....Claude Raines.
> It's amazing how a simple statement/question can stimulate the mind. ( to
> few I suggest you just read the Post)
> As it appears to some that I've been convicted, I'll spare the details of
> the Old Black Board but they are for sale on EBAY if that means any
> thing...... I don't think so.
> I've had a bud since I had a Clark Belt to hold up my trousers and there
> was
> no such thing as a subscription to anything. So what? Well I have and will
> continue to subscribe to C Band as long as I can maintain the old dish and
> there is adequate programming. I suspect this holds for most of the bud
> owners. I will however, reserve my right to move my dish/change hardware
> as
> I see fit and within the Laws governing communications.
> I regret that the Post took us back to the 70/80's when everyone ,
> including
> myself had their definition of the Law. The courts have defined that for
> us
> sometime ago so there's no need to go there again.
> ( oh I almost forgot this all started as I was looking to buy a 4dtv
> receiver on another site.}Amen
>

> "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 5:15:15 PM

Sure it makes sense to support the programmers,because if we steal the
programming,the programmer has to spend more on security,then they have to
recover the extra expense somehow,so up go the subscription prices.

We can also thank the pirates for the flack US dish systems and C band has
taken in Canada.

> My sentiments as well.
> Some of us go back when there was no
> Clarke belt, I wonder how Arthur C. fared during the
> tsunami, the last I heard he was still in Sri Lanka.
>
> For what it is worth I have always paid for my subscription,
> not because of any moralising twaddle, but because it makes
> sense to support the programmers, but you are right about
> the old days when it was in the clear, and Yellow Rain was
> still in the future.
>

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:06:39 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm shocked, shocked, there's gambling going on here !! Round up the usual
>>suspects.....Claude Raines.
>> It's amazing how a simple statement/question can stimulate the mind. ( to
>>few I suggest you just read the Post)
>>As it appears to some that I've been convicted, I'll spare the details of
>>the Old Black Board but they are for sale on EBAY if that means any
>>thing...... I don't think so.
>>I've had a bud since I had a Clark Belt to hold up my trousers and there
>>was
>>no such thing as a subscription to anything. So what? Well I have and will
>>continue to subscribe to C Band as long as I can maintain the old dish and
>>there is adequate programming. I suspect this holds for most of the bud
>>owners. I will however, reserve my right to move my dish/change hardware
>>as
>>I see fit and within the Laws governing communications.
>>I regret that the Post took us back to the 70/80's when everyone ,
>>including
>>myself had their definition of the Law. The courts have defined that for
>>us
>>sometime ago so there's no need to go there again.
>> ( oh I almost forgot this all started as I was looking to buy a 4dtv
>>receiver on another site.}Amen
>>

>>"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix
>>> for
>>> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 11:37:51 AM

> Sure it makes sense to support the programmers,because if we steal the
> programming,the programmer has to spend more on security,then they have to
> recover the extra expense somehow,so up go the subscription prices.
>
> We can also thank the pirates for the flack US dish systems and C band has
> taken in Canada.

Actually, at this point it doesn't really matter. You can support or not
support, they
aren't raising their prices because of piracy. If that was true, they would
have
switched from VideoCipher2 long ago. The fact is, you're seeing higher
prices
because the programmer's know that, for the MOST part (not all), the people
left on Cband are the ones who will probably never change, and they can jack
the price to whatever they want. They're milking it for all it's worth until
it
completely dies. Channel for channel, any other system beats out the price
of cband by a long shot. But for those alacarte customers, and those with
tiny
little packages that brag about their low subscription costs, they're going
rip every cent out of your pocket that they can. Don't get me wrong, there's
still plenty use for the big dish. But using it as your primary subscription
format,
unless you happen to just watch a couple channels, or just subscribe to
movie
channels, it's getting to the point where people are blinded to how bad it's
getting.
"I only pay $20 a month for my package!" (or $230 a year). Yeah, you also
only
get 24 channels. Let's see, 24 channels for $20, or 60 channels for $30...
HMM!
And let's not get this thread started about signal loss on small dish
systems, either.
Anyone with half a brain and a pair of pliers can get a DBS adapter for
their big
dish and use it to pick up small dish programming, legally. No more rain
fade!

BAH to stubborn old men who can't see the forest for the trees.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 6:40:36 PM

==
Bullshit. Do you even know what digital is? It means the signal is EXACTLY the same as
when it left the broadcasters..
==

It does not mean that it is exactly the same as when the original uplinker sent it.
The signal from the original uplinker or source can be received and rebroadcast in
other formats or can be (and often is) compressed at the expense of video quality.

"dvb guy" <znmiller@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
| Man, that got me riled up enough that, in the tradition
| of newsgroup flamewars, I must continue.

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 6:43:06 PM

And exactly what is he doing in OO that even resembles stealing?

"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:24:35 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
| wrote:
|
| >On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:26:59 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:

| Exactly, that is why it is so phoney for validar, who is pretty
| active in the OO section, to moralise about stealing.
| It's a bit like Identity Theft, you still have your Identity
| even if someone is posing as you, and using your personal information
| to get goods and services without paying for them.

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 6:43:07 PM

You are kidding. right?
Why do they call it OO?
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:43:06 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:

>And exactly what is he doing in OO that even resembles stealing?
>

>"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>| On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:24:35 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
>| wrote:
>|
>| >On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:26:59 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>| Exactly, that is why it is so phoney for validar, who is pretty
>| active in the OO section, to moralise about stealing.
>| It's a bit like Identity Theft, you still have your Identity
>| even if someone is posing as you, and using your personal information
>| to get goods and services without paying for them.

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 6:43:08 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:07:16 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:

>You are kidding. right?
>Why do they call it OO?

To keep that data in a trusted circle, so it doesn't get in the wrong
hands. It is not stealing, becasue of the authorisation status of the
channels are such the receiver can get them. Defeating security is
forbidden on that forum.

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:43:06 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:
>
>>And exactly what is he doing in OO that even resembles stealing?
>>

>>"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>| Exactly, that is why it is so phoney for validar, who is pretty
>>| active in the OO section, to moralise about stealing.
>>| It's a bit like Identity Theft, you still have your Identity
>>| even if someone is posing as you, and using your personal information
>>| to get goods and services without paying for them.

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 6:43:09 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:02:24 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:07:16 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>You are kidding. right?
>>Why do they call it OO?
>
>To keep that data in a trusted circle, so it doesn't get in the wrong
>hands. It is not stealing, becasue of the authorisation status of the
>channels are such the receiver can get them. Defeating security is
>forbidden on that forum.

As Shakespeare wrote 'That which we call a rose by any other
name would smell just as sweet'
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 7:35:10 PM

They call it Owners Only

You did not answer my question, so here it goes again.

news:o 3vl3198bmo516p0k4d45eeofk5mfv0u3t@4ax.com...
| You are kidding. right?
| Why do they call it OO?
| On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:43:06 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:
|
| >And exactly what is he doing in OO that even resembles stealing?
| >

| >"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| >| On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:24:35 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
| >| wrote:
| >|

| >|
| >| Exactly, that is why it is so phoney for validar, who is pretty
| >| active in the OO section, to moralise about stealing.
| >| It's a bit like Identity Theft, you still have your Identity
| >| even if someone is posing as you, and using your personal information
| >| to get goods and services without paying for them.
| >|

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 7:35:11 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:35:10 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:

>They call it Owners Only
>
>You did not answer my question, so here it goes again.
>
>And exactly what is he doing in OO that even resembles stealing?

Are you sure you want to discuss that tpoic in an
Open Forum?
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 8:05:30 PM

Do you want to answer my question?

It has been asked twice and you still have not answered it.

| On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:35:10 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:
|
| >They call it Owners Only
| >
| >You did not answer my question, so here it goes again.
| >
| >And exactly what is he doing in OO that even resembles stealing?
| >
| Are you sure you want to discuss that tpoic in an
| Open Forum?
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 8:05:31 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:05:30 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:

>Do you want to answer my question?
>
>It has been asked twice and you still have not answered it.

If Valdivar, or anyone else uses the overlay function of
the 4dtv to receive programming that is decoded by the
4dtv, but other users have to pay a subscription fee to
watch, what do you call it?
Gary says the function of the OO's section is to ensure
the information does'nt get into the wrong hands.
What are the wrong hands if it is a legitimate use
of the signal?
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 10:49:58 PM

You have no idea what you are talking about.

The overlay will not give you access to channels that are not encrypted unless your
receiver has a subscription to them. The overlay does not bypass or break encryption.

Your argument is pure bullshit based on erroneous self serving assumptions. You have
jumped to conclusions and have landed flat on your ass.

Discussion of signal theft is not allowed in those forums even in the restricted area.

| On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:05:30 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:
|
| >Do you want to answer my question?
| >
| >It has been asked twice and you still have not answered it.
| >
| If Valdivar, or anyone else uses the overlay function of
| the 4dtv to receive programming that is decoded by the
| 4dtv, but other users have to pay a subscription fee to
| watch, what do you call it?
| Gary says the function of the OO's section is to ensure
| the information does'nt get into the wrong hands.
| What are the wrong hands if it is a legitimate use
| of the signal?
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 10:49:59 PM

You are usually courteous in your replies so maybe we have
touched a nerve here.
So why all the moaning and groaning that went on when
the so called 'Presidential' channels reverted to encryption.
Why, if there is nothing to hide (receiving signals the
originators don't want you receive) is there even such a
group as the OOs?
You still did not address the question that there are channels
the 4dtv will receive via overlay that others have to pay a
subscription fee to receive.
I have had too much good advice from you in the past
so will ignore the 'self serving' remarks, not worthy
of you.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:49:58 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:

>You have no idea what you are talking about.
>
>The overlay will not give you access to channels that are not encrypted unless your
>receiver has a subscription to them. The overlay does not bypass or break encryption.
>
>Your argument is pure bullshit based on erroneous self serving assumptions. You have
>jumped to conclusions and have landed flat on your ass.
>
>Discussion of signal theft is not allowed in those forums even in the restricted area.
>

>"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>| On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:05:30 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:
>|
>| >Do you want to answer my question?
>| >
>| >It has been asked twice and you still have not answered it.
>| >
>| If Valdivar, or anyone else uses the overlay function of
>| the 4dtv to receive programming that is decoded by the
>| 4dtv, but other users have to pay a subscription fee to
>| watch, what do you call it?
>| Gary says the function of the OO's section is to ensure
>| the information does'nt get into the wrong hands.
>| What are the wrong hands if it is a legitimate use
>| of the signal?

Anonymous
March 18, 2005 11:38:53 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:13:05 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:02:24 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:07:16 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>You are kidding. right?
>>>Why do they call it OO?
>>
>>To keep that data in a trusted circle, so it doesn't get in the wrong
>>hands. It is not stealing, becasue of the authorisation status of the
>>channels are such the receiver can get them. Defeating security is
>>forbidden on that forum.
>>
>As Shakespeare wrote 'That which we call a rose by any other
>name would smell just as sweet'

It isn't defeating the security, it is fooling the receiver to tune
channels that aren't mapped, whose authorisation status is open.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 11:38:54 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:38:53 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:13:05 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:02:24 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
>>wrote:

>>>To keep that data in a trusted circle, so it doesn't get in the wrong
>>>hands. It is not stealing, becasue of the authorisation status of the
>>>channels are such the receiver can get them. Defeating security is
>>>forbidden on that forum.
>>>
>>As Shakespeare wrote 'That which we call a rose by any other
>>name would smell just as sweet'
>
>It isn't defeating the security, it is fooling the receiver to tune
>channels that aren't mapped, whose authorisation status is open.
Fair enough. But who are the 'wrong hands' that this
information should not be accessed?
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 12:48:32 AM

==
You still did not address the question that there are channels
the 4dtv will receive via overlay that others have to pay a
subscription fee to receive.
===

I thought that I did. What do you mean by others?.

The reason that your remarks struck a nerve is that I am one of the moderators of that
forum. When you claim that OO is used for discussion of signal piracy you also are
saying that I am housing a den of thieves.

That forum was created by a person that (at the time) was a manager in the 4DTV
section of GI. Some GI/Mot employees also still have access to that area. Discussion
of signal theft absolutely is not tolerated there.

There is a big difference between the uplinkers knowing that signals are received and
violation of encryption. If a few uplinkers for some reason are naive enough not to
encrypt their signals then good for us. Reception of unencrypted signals is legal,
..... it is not theft. It would be foolish to tell them we can receive their channels.

"irwell" <hook@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 12:48:33 AM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:48:32 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:

>==
>You still did not address the question that there are channels
>the 4dtv will receive via overlay that others have to pay a
>subscription fee to receive.
>===
>
>I thought that I did. What do you mean by others?.
The LSD people for some of them.

>The reason that your remarks struck a nerve is that I am one of the moderators of that
>forum.
IR>>I know that.

DRL>n you claim that OO is used for discussion of signal piracy you also are
>saying that I am housing a den of thieves.

Not a den of thieves but people like Valdivar who moralise about
someone using a chipped board, but he takes advantage of the
information on the OO forum to receive signals not intended for
his use. I do the same but also know the rules of the game.

>That forum was created by a person that (at the time) was a manager in the 4DTV
>section of GI. Some GI/Mot employees also still have access to that area. Discussion
>of signal theft absolutely is not tolerated there.
>
>There is a big difference between the uplinkers knowing that signals are received and
>violation of encryption. If a few uplinkers for some reason are naive enough not to
>encrypt their signals then good for us. Reception of unencrypted signals is legal,
>.... it is not theft. It would be foolish to tell them we can receive their channels.

Ah! The nuances of the English language. Anyway good luck and
thanks for the trojan work you have done for us all over the years.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 12:48:34 AM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:41:20 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Not a den of thieves but people like Valdivar who moralise about
>someone using a chipped board, but he takes advantage of the
>information on the OO forum to receive signals not intended for
>his use. I do the same but also know the rules of the gam

That is beside the point. The fact is no security is being broken in
the access of those channels, unlike when someone uses a chipped black
board, modified FTA receiver, AVR card or whatever.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 1:18:43 AM

I'm still shocked, shocked that there's gambling going on here...I have no
idea what everyone is talking about, 00 sounds like something from star
wars, but the next POST will be by Prince Charles who will clarify a real
screw up.
"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 1:18:44 AM

Maybe it will end like Casablanca. 'This is the start of a
beautiful friendship".

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:18:43 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm still shocked, shocked that there's gambling going on here...I have no
>idea what everyone is talking about, 00 sounds like something from star
>wars, but the next POST will be by Prince Charles who will clarify a real
>screw up.
>"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 1:18:44 AM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:18:43 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm still shocked, shocked that there's gambling going on here...I have no
>idea what everyone is talking about, 00 sounds like something from star
>wars, but the next POST will be by Prince Charles who will clarify a real
>screw up.

OO is where people discuss hidden feeds. NOT pirating encrypted
signals.

The real srewups are those that don't get that a chipped board is
nothing but theft.

>"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix for
>> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:06:57 AM

None of the channels up there are intended for our use, with the possible exception of
a few audio subcarriers. We are parasites. We may be able to subscribe to a few of
them, but we are not the reason those channels are on C-Band.

There is a huge difference between stealing channels and receiving unencrypted
channels. I see no parallel at all between what Valvidar does and defeating
encryption.

| On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:48:32 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:
|
| >==
| >You still did not address the question that there are channels
| >the 4dtv will receive via overlay that others have to pay a
| >subscription fee to receive.
| >===
| >
| >I thought that I did. What do you mean by others?.
| The LSD people for some of them.
| >
| >The reason that your remarks struck a nerve is that I am one of the moderators of
that
| >forum.
| IR>>I know that.
|
| DRL>n you claim that OO is used for discussion of signal piracy you also are
| >saying that I am housing a den of thieves.
|
| Not a den of thieves but people like Valdivar who moralise about
| someone using a chipped board, but he takes advantage of the
| information on the OO forum to receive signals not intended for
| his use. I do the same but also know the rules of the game.
|

| >That forum was created by a person that (at the time) was a manager in the 4DTV
| >section of GI. Some GI/Mot employees also still have access to that area.
Discussion
| >of signal theft absolutely is not tolerated there.
| >
| >There is a big difference between the uplinkers knowing that signals are received
and
| >violation of encryption. If a few uplinkers for some reason are naive enough not to
| >encrypt their signals then good for us. Reception of unencrypted signals is legal,
| >.... it is not theft. It would be foolish to tell them we can receive their
channels.

| Ah! The nuances of the English language. Anyway good luck and
| thanks for the trojan work you have done for us all over the years.

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:26:09 AM

Thank you Sir. The first intelligent thing said in the last 3 days , so lets
move on and slay the dragon together.( I forgot who the dragon was..
> Maybe it will end like Casablanca. 'This is the start of a
> beautiful friendship".
>

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:18:43 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm still shocked, shocked that there's gambling going on here...I have
no
> >idea what everyone is talking about, 00 sounds like something from star
> >wars, but the next POST will be by Prince Charles who will clarify a real
> >screw up.
> >"wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I can get all the video but no audio. Someone said there was/is a fix
for
> >> the audio, can anyone comment. Thanks

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 1:15:56 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:25:39 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:38:53 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
>wrote:

>>It isn't defeating the security, it is fooling the receiver to tune
>>channels that aren't mapped, whose authorisation status is open.
> Fair enough. But who are the 'wrong hands' that this
>information should not be accessed?

Some dolt that blabs the location and status of those channels, and
the broadcsters find out.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 1:15:57 PM

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:15:56 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:25:39 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:38:53 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
>>wrote:
>
>>>It isn't defeating the security, it is fooling the receiver to tune
>>>channels that aren't mapped, whose authorisation status is open.
>> Fair enough. But who are the 'wrong hands' that this
>>information should not be accessed?
>
>Some dolt that blabs the location and status of those channels, and
>the broadcsters find out.

So the trusted circle is like a gang of schoolkids
that find a malfunctioning vending machines that
dispenses soda pop for a quarter instead of a buck.
Keep it under your hat guys, in case someone lets
the machine owner know and he fixes the machine.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 1:58:31 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:24:58 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:05:30 GMT, "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote:
>
>>Do you want to answer my question?
>>
>>It has been asked twice and you still have not answered it.
>>
>If Valdivar, or anyone else uses the overlay function of
>the 4dtv to receive programming that is decoded by the
>4dtv, but other users have to pay a subscription fee to
>watch, what do you call it?
>Gary says the function of the OO's section is to ensure
>the information does'nt get into the wrong hands.
>What are the wrong hands if it is a legitimate use
>of the signal?

Leave the hypocrites alone.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:02:18 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:41:57 -0500, Gary J Tait
<classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:41:20 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Not a den of thieves but people like Valdivar who moralise about
>>someone using a chipped board, but he takes advantage of the
>>information on the OO forum to receive signals not intended for
>>his use. I do the same but also know the rules of the gam
>
>That is beside the point. The fact is no security is being broken in
>the access of those channels, unlike when someone uses a chipped black
>board, modified FTA receiver, AVR card or whatever.

Yeah yeah yeah, we all like insecure transmissions. It is just some of
us are not afraid to admit it.

Hahah, Mr 3000 was funny BTW.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:04:12 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:38:53 -0500, Gary J Tait
<classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:13:05 -0800, irwell <hook@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:02:24 -0500, Gary J Tait <classicsat@nospam_yahoo.com>
>>wrote:

>>>To keep that data in a trusted circle, so it doesn't get in the wrong
>>>hands. It is not stealing, becasue of the authorisation status of the
>>>channels are such the receiver can get them. Defeating security is
>>>forbidden on that forum.
>>>
>>As Shakespeare wrote 'That which we call a rose by any other
>>name would smell just as sweet'
>
>It isn't defeating the security, it is fooling the receiver to tune
>channels that aren't mapped, whose authorisation status is open.

You are violating the broadcasters rights. If they wanted you to see
it, it would be in the EPG. Buy a 4200 if you want unmapped DCII!!
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 5:53:49 PM

In order to access the Owner's Only forum in the sat forums ,one has to
supply their unit ID in order to "prove" that they are a legitimate 4DTV
owner.

That certain information about unencrypted services is kept to that group,is
not because we are sneeky thieves,but as Gary Tait said some people can't be
trusted with a little information about "free" channels,etc.That's why it is
not good to discuss fta feeds to openly and never a good idea to contact the
channel -because it's not there for us and they can soon encrypt it.Call it
fear and gree,but there it is.

I do not,nor have I ever discussed piracy in the satforums!DRLEV and other
moderators keep a close watch for it!I've seen some people told off.

My background is in computers.I could've pirated DTV,Dishnet and all the
others anytime!I have "friends" too.Certain FTA receivers can be "doctored"
to steal programming,but I refuse to do it!Instead,I prefer to pay for my
programming,like it not going off half way thru the movie,sports
event,etc!Besides,C band has choice and there is plenty of fta out there for
the ultra stingy!

Chipped Back VC2 boards that get "all" the video...now that IS stealing.

Why do you think a lot of C band channels went encrypted in the first
place -big mouths!

!