  • 4DTV Satellite
  • Programming
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
March 16, 2005 4:29:17 AM

If programming is dropping off etc. why is there so few receivers for sale
on EBAY. I was expecting to pay around $ 250.for a 920. The last one was 5
years old and not used for the last 3 years. My friend said the battery
could be low, being out of the receiver for that length of time. Is this a
possibility? and if you have to replace a battery are we looking at big
bucks? Any thoughts....

More about : 4dtv sales

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 4:29:18 AM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:29:17 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

>If programming is dropping off etc. why is there so few receivers for sale
>on EBAY. I was expecting to pay around $ 250.for a 920. The last one was 5
>years old and not used for the last 3 years. My friend said the battery
>could be low, being out of the receiver for that length of time. Is this a
>possibility? and if you have to replace a battery are we looking at big
>bucks? Any thoughts....

The battery itslef can be replaced rather reasonably. It is when the
data it keeps gets lost whent it begins to cost.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 4:29:18 AM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:29:17 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

>If programming is dropping off etc. why is there so few receivers for sale
>on EBAY. I was expecting to pay around $ 250.for a 920. The last one was 5
>years old and not used for the last 3 years. My friend said the battery
>could be low, being out of the receiver for that length of time. Is this a
>possibility? and if you have to replace a battery are we looking at big
>bucks? Any thoughts....

Make sure the unit ID matches the numbers on the back and the battery
is still good. If they are different it is worth about $15.
Changing the battery is easy, but you must never disconnect it or your
4DTV will be worth $15.
September 17, 2009 3:17:05 AM

Quote:

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:29:17 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

>If programming is dropping off etc. why is there so few receivers for sale
>on EBAY. I was expecting to pay around $ 250.for a 920. The last one was 5
>years old and not used for the last 3 years. My friend said the battery
>could be low, being out of the receiver for that length of time. Is this a
>possibility? and if you have to replace a battery are we looking at big
>bucks? Any thoughts....

Make sure the unit ID matches the numbers on the back and the battery
is still good. If they are different it is worth about $15.
Changing the battery is easy, but you must never disconnect it or your
4DTV will be worth $15.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN DISCONNECT? DISCONNECT WHAT on the 4dtv?
!