Www dell inspiron 6000 drivers free download

Last response: in Windows 7
April 8, 2012 10:09:46 AM

my sound and network drivers are not working and i want to download them
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 8, 2012 3:52:43 PM

Hi :) 

You need the CHIPSET drivers for network plus the sound drivers...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
April 8, 2012 4:35:10 PM

I'll never understand why people come on here asking for Dell,Compaq other oem drivers. If its a dell..go to dell, if its an acer..go to acer web site. Its not that hard. Do people not have google? My daughter could figure it out when she was 12
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 9, 2012 3:31:47 AM

GI_JONES said:
I'll never understand why people come on here asking for Dell,Compaq other oem drivers. If its a dell..go to dell, if its an acer..go to acer web site. Its not that hard. Do people not have google? My daughter could figure it out when she was 12

You have a valid point, but unfortunately panic strikes when things go wrong and something does not work!
m
l
April 9, 2012 3:55:38 AM

that and Dell does NOT have a current WIFI or VIDEO driver for the 915GM chipset that WORKS.

I have been digging in forums for the past 3 weeks looking for a way to get it to work on Windows 7, and it turns out that Windows AERO or w/e graphics engine that uses does NOT work with this chipset... so I have to go backwards to XP again, and try to find WIFI drivers that strangely enough... dont exist.

I hear you on this one pal.

Very annoying... Anyone?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 9, 2012 4:14:25 AM

teholdsedare said:
that and Dell does NOT have a current WIFI or VIDEO driver for the 915GM chipset that WORKS.

I have been digging in forums for the past 3 weeks looking for a way to get it to work on Windows 7, and it turns out that Windows AERO or w/e graphics engine that uses does NOT work with this chipset... so I have to go backwards to XP again, and try to find WIFI drivers that strangely enough... dont exist.

I hear you on this one pal.

Very annoying... Anyone?

There is no motivation to create drivers for laptops besides the version of the OS they ship with. Intel dropped support of the 915GM after XP. So you aren't going to find a windows 7 driver.

5 minutes on Google (the 4th link if you google 915GM)says the XP driver may work. it fails the first time, then should give a "reinstall using recommended settings" option. If not, you're SOL

http://download.cnet.com/win2k-xp142550-zip/3000-2108_4...

/thread jack
m
l
April 9, 2012 5:05:07 AM

I already tried that one.

Download link is dead. Im still looking for a file that works atm.
Been headfirst into this stupid thing for 3 hrs tonight.

I did finally find WIFI drivers tho, so that made my wife happy at least :) 
m
l
April 9, 2012 5:20:39 AM

Finally found a link that works.

Wrong device. Wrong driver.

Any other ideas?
m
l
!