T-Mobile Branding K700i

Does anyone else know what is going on with T-mobile and their branding

I just got an upgrade to a k700i

Not only is there T-mobile all over it but the most annoying things are

1. THE "MORE" BUTTON IS NO MORE!

2. AND MY DIALING TONE (not ringtone) WHEN SOMEONE RINGS THE OTHER END
IS THE T-MOBILE JINGLE...NO!
:hit:

Has anyone got anywhere by moaning to them??

To make it work the first k700 mobile I got from them didnt work I
tried out other sim cards in it but they insisted it was the sim so
first I replaced this and then it was the same and I had to arrange a
new phone to be sent.
:hit:

Also as soon as I send a reply via the website I get a auto response
saying I'll be waiting about 5 days for a reply due to large volumes of
email - PROBABLY people moaning about the branding - serves them right!

:boink:

--
simoncpage

---------------------------------
Simon

simon.page@repeat1.com
http://cellphoneforums.net
More about mobile branding k700i

    try taking sim out & reset the phone back to factory - it wipes out
    everything - but you can download original ringtones/ wallpapers/ themes for
    free - just done it myself (i'm not on t-mobile)

    In message <QNB4d.129$oc5.24@newsfe5-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
    <reply@the.board> writes
    >try taking sim out & reset the phone back to factory - it wipes out
    >everything - but you can download original ringtones/ wallpapers/ themes for
    >free - just done it myself (i'm not on t-mobile)

    Jethro,
    How do you do the factory reset with the sim out? I can get to the
    service menu but it's not on there. Some guidance would be appreciated.
    Ta.
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.

    Its embedded in the firmware of the phone factory reset doesnt do
    anything but delete anything you have added. You need a way to flash
    the phone with factory firmware.

    I know i can download ringtone this is the problem, I tried to emphasis
    its the ring that the call hears whilst waiting for me to answer that
    has the t-mobile jingle. I used to have a simple ring ring! but now it
    goes ring ring once and then t-mobile jingle

    THAT IS ULTIMATE BRANDING!

    I'll post back the reply that t-mobile give me but I suspect it will be
    sorry that how it is lump it!

    grrrrrrrrr t-mobile!

    :hit:

    --
    simoncpage

    ---------------------------------
    Simon

    simon.page@repeat1.com
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    sorry - you cant so it with sim out - i reset mine with sim in - i was just
    thinking that maybe it's t-mobile sim that causes problems

    a factory reset should work though - it will only leave you one each
    ringtone, wallpaper & theme

    check this thread to download the originals:

    http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=61600

    "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    > try taking sim out & reset the phone back to factory - it wipes out
    > everything - but you can download original ringtones/ wallpapers/ themes
    > for
    > free - just done it myself (i'm not on t-mobile)

    hey dude does this work for the Vodafone branding as well?

    <=[BC]=>

    DONT BOTHER TRYING THE RESET ALL IT ::DOESN'T:: RESET BRANDING FIRMWARE
    FLASH IS NEEDED

    :hit:

    --
    simoncpage

    ---------------------------------
    Simon

    simon.page@repeat1.com
    http://cellphoneforums.net

    simoncpage has written
    >I know i can download ringtone this is the problem, I tried to emphasis
    >its the ring that the call hears whilst waiting for me to answer that
    >has the t-mobile jingle. I used to have a simple ring ring! but now it
    >goes ring ring once and then t-mobile jingle
    >
    >THAT IS ULTIMATE BRANDING!

    The jingle the caller hears is not on the handset, it's on the network.
    You can remove it by sending STOP to 454545 by SMS. It's a free promotion
    T-Mobile are adding to new accounts and upgrades till the end of october.
    Look at Caller Tunes on their website

    "simoncpage" <simoncpage.1d3gt9@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > DONT BOTHER TRYING THE RESET ALL IT ::DOESN'T:: RESET BRANDING FIRMWARE
    > FLASH IS NEEDED

    Which apparently isn't possible on the K700i at the moment as SonyEricsson
    thought of this and put in a way of stopping you flashing a different
    firmware (ie. SP) to the one on the phone.

    se have just released new firmware upgrade:

    http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset.htm

    even if you [have] the latest firmware - this will definately wipe out any
    branding

    "simoncpage" <simoncpage.1d3gt9@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > DONT BOTHER TRYING THE RESET ALL IT ::DOESN'T:: RESET BRANDING FIRMWARE
    > FLASH IS NEEDED
    >
    > :hit:
    >

    > --
    > simoncpage
    >
    > ---------------------------------
    > Simon
    >
    > simon.page@repeat1.com
    > http://cellphoneforums.net

  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    In message <X0I5d.467$UI2.458@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
    <reply@the.board> writes
    >se have just released new firmware upgrade:
    >
    >http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset.htm
    >
    >even if you [have] the latest firmware - this will definately wipe out
    >any branding

    Doesn't work for Voda :O(
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    Kaiser Wilhelm
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    on a more positive note - did you benefit at all from the upgrade? -
    thinking of trying it myself

    > In message <X0I5d.467$UI2.458@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
    > <reply@the.board> writes
    > >se have just released new firmware upgrade:
    > >
    > >http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset.htm
    > >
    > >even if you [have] the latest firmware - this will definately wipe out
    > >any branding
    >
    > Doesn't work for Voda :O(
    > --
    > Pete Devlin
    > [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
    > Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    > Kaiser Wilhelm
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    In message <Q1Z5d.163$Na5.91@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
    <reply@the.board> writes
    >on a more positive note - did you benefit at all from the upgrade? -
    >thinking of trying it myself

    That's my point. The upgrade doesn't work for Voda. Until they release a
    branded version for the site. I believe you can get an upgrade in
    certain service centres to R2V001 but not from the web site.
    There are a few who say that they can debrand their phones via the
    update service by starting with an unbranded phone and swapping through
    the procedure. Risky stuff.
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    Kaiser Wilhelm
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    > In message <Q1Z5d.163$Na5.91@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
    > <reply@the.board> writes
    > >on a more positive note - did you benefit at all from the upgrade? -
    > >thinking of trying it myself
    >
    > That's my point. The upgrade doesn't work for Voda.

    What happens when you try it? Does it refuse?

    > Until they release a
    > branded version for the site. I believe you can get an upgrade in
    > certain service centres to R2V001 but not from the web site.
    > There are a few who say that they can debrand their phones via the
    > update service by starting with an unbranded phone and swapping through
    > the procedure. Risky stuff.
    > --
    > Pete Devlin
    > [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
    > Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    > Kaiser Wilhelm
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    In message <wa%5d.374$P95.44@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
    <reply@the.board> writes
    >What happens when you try it? Does it refuse?

    Yes. It says that my operator has not allowed updates via this site. I
    have no doubt that some one will crack it soon, but I am getting fed up
    waiting. Had I known that Voda would have plastered their shite all over
    the phone and also changed its operation, I wouldn't have went with
    them.
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    Kaiser Wilhelm

Ericsson Mobile