T-Mobile Branding K700i

Last response: in Brands
September 23, 2004 12:23:41 PM

Does anyone else know what is going on with T-mobile and their branding

I just got an upgrade to a k700i

Not only is there T-mobile all over it but the most annoying things are

1. THE "MORE" BUTTON IS NO MORE!

2. AND MY DIALING TONE (not ringtone) WHEN SOMEONE RINGS THE OTHER END
IS THE T-MOBILE JINGLE...NO!
:hit:

Has anyone got anywhere by moaning to them??

To make it work the first k700 mobile I got from them didnt work I
tried out other sim cards in it but they insisted it was the sim so
first I replaced this and then it was the same and I had to arrange a
new phone to be sent.
:hit:

Also as soon as I send a reply via the website I get a auto response
saying I'll be waiting about 5 days for a reply due to large volumes of
email - PROBABLY people moaning about the branding - serves them right!

:boink:

--
simoncpage

---------------------------------
Simon

simon.page@repeat1.com
http://cellphoneforums.net

More about : mobile branding k700i

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 7:17:04 PM

try taking sim out & reset the phone back to factory - it wipes out
everything - but you can download original ringtones/ wallpapers/ themes for
free - just done it myself (i'm not on t-mobile)

"simoncpage" <simoncpage.1d1fw3@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> Does anyone else know what is going on with T-mobile and their branding
>
> I just got an upgrade to a k700i
>
> Not only is there T-mobile all over it but the most annoying things are
>

> 1. THE "MORE" BUTTON IS NO MORE!
>
> 2. AND MY DIALING TONE (not ringtone) WHEN SOMEONE RINGS THE OTHER END
> IS THE T-MOBILE JINGLE...NO!
> :hit:
>

> Has anyone got anywhere by moaning to them??
>

> To make it work the first k700 mobile I got from them didnt work I
> tried out other sim cards in it but they insisted it was the sim so
> first I replaced this and then it was the same and I had to arrange a
> new phone to be sent.
> :hit:
>
> Also as soon as I send a reply via the website I get a auto response
> saying I'll be waiting about 5 days for a reply due to large volumes of
> email - PROBABLY people moaning about the branding - serves them right!
>
> :boink:
>

> --
> simoncpage
>
> ---------------------------------
> Simon
>
> simon.page@repeat1.com
> http://cellphoneforums.net

September 23, 2004 8:31:00 PM

In message <QNB4d.129$oc5.24@newsfe5-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
<reply@the.board> writes
>try taking sim out & reset the phone back to factory - it wipes out
>everything - but you can download original ringtones/ wallpapers/ themes for
>free - just done it myself (i'm not on t-mobile)

Jethro,
How do you do the factory reset with the sim out? I can get to the
service menu but it's not on there. Some guidance would be appreciated.
Ta.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.

Its embedded in the firmware of the phone factory reset doesnt do
anything but delete anything you have added. You need a way to flash
the phone with factory firmware.

I know i can download ringtone this is the problem, I tried to emphasis
its the ring that the call hears whilst waiting for me to answer that
has the t-mobile jingle. I used to have a simple ring ring! but now it
goes ring ring once and then t-mobile jingle

THAT IS ULTIMATE BRANDING!

I'll post back the reply that t-mobile give me but I suspect it will be
sorry that how it is lump it!

grrrrrrrrr t-mobile!

:hit:

--
simoncpage

---------------------------------
Simon

simon.page@repeat1.com
http://cellphoneforums.net
September 24, 2004 1:07:56 AM

sorry - you cant so it with sim out - i reset mine with sim in - i was just
thinking that maybe it's t-mobile sim that causes problems

a factory reset should work though - it will only leave you one each
ringtone, wallpaper & theme

check this thread to download the originals:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=61600

"pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p kglcGB0wuUBFw4P@sukmabobby.com...
> In message <QNB4d.129$oc5.24@newsfe5-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
> <reply@the.board> writes
> >try taking sim out & reset the phone back to factory - it wipes out
> >everything - but you can download original ringtones/ wallpapers/ themes
for
> >free - just done it myself (i'm not on t-mobile)
> >
> Jethro,
> How do you do the factory reset with the sim out? I can get to the
> service menu but it's not on there. Some guidance would be appreciated.
> Ta.
> --
> Pete Devlin
> [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
> Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
> Kaiser Wilhelm
September 25, 2004 1:48:26 AM

"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> try taking sim out & reset the phone back to factory - it wipes out
> everything - but you can download original ringtones/ wallpapers/ themes
> for
> free - just done it myself (i'm not on t-mobile)

hey dude does this work for the Vodafone branding as well?

<=[BC]=>
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 1:48:27 AM

DONT BOTHER TRYING THE RESET ALL IT ::D OESN'T:: RESET BRANDING FIRMWARE
FLASH IS NEEDED

:hit:

--
simoncpage

---------------------------------
Simon

simon.page@repeat1.com
http://cellphoneforums.net
September 25, 2004 2:09:21 AM

simoncpage has written
>I know i can download ringtone this is the problem, I tried to emphasis
>its the ring that the call hears whilst waiting for me to answer that
>has the t-mobile jingle. I used to have a simple ring ring! but now it
>goes ring ring once and then t-mobile jingle
>
>THAT IS ULTIMATE BRANDING!

The jingle the caller hears is not on the handset, it's on the network.
You can remove it by sending STOP to 454545 by SMS. It's a free promotion
T-Mobile are adding to new accounts and upgrades till the end of october.
Look at Caller Tunes on their website
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 10:00:42 PM

"simoncpage" <simoncpage.1d3gt9@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> DONT BOTHER TRYING THE RESET ALL IT ::D OESN'T:: RESET BRANDING FIRMWARE
> FLASH IS NEEDED

Which apparently isn't possible on the K700i at the moment as SonyEricsson
thought of this and put in a way of stopping you flashing a different
firmware (ie. SP) to the one on the phone.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 3:11:51 AM

se have just released new firmware upgrade:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset...

even if you [have] the latest firmware - this will definately wipe out any
branding

"simoncpage" <simoncpage.1d3gt9@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> DONT BOTHER TRYING THE RESET ALL IT ::D OESN'T:: RESET BRANDING FIRMWARE
> FLASH IS NEEDED
>
> :hit:
>

> --
> simoncpage
>
> ---------------------------------
> Simon
>
> simon.page@repeat1.com
> http://cellphoneforums.net

September 27, 2004 7:10:14 PM

In message <X0I5d.467$UI2.458@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
<reply@the.board> writes
>se have just released new firmware upgrade:
>
>http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset...
>
>even if you [have] the latest firmware - this will definately wipe out
>any branding

Doesn't work for Voda :o (
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 10:33:20 PM

on a more positive note - did you benefit at all from the upgrade? -
thinking of trying it myself

> In message <X0I5d.467$UI2.458@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
> <reply@the.board> writes
> >se have just released new firmware upgrade:
> >
> >http://www.sonyericsson.com/updateservice/K700/frameset...
> >
> >even if you [have] the latest firmware - this will definately wipe out
> >any branding
>
> Doesn't work for Voda :o (
> --
> Pete Devlin
> [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
> Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
> Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 1:16:11 AM

In message <Q1Z5d.163$Na5.91@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
<reply@the.board> writes
>on a more positive note - did you benefit at all from the upgrade? -
>thinking of trying it myself

That's my point. The upgrade doesn't work for Voda. Until they release a
branded version for the site. I believe you can get an upgrade in
certain service centres to R2V001 but not from the web site.
There are a few who say that they can debrand their phones via the
update service by starting with an unbranded phone and swapping through
the procedure. Risky stuff.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 1:16:12 AM

> In message <Q1Z5d.163$Na5.91@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
> <reply@the.board> writes
> >on a more positive note - did you benefit at all from the upgrade? -
> >thinking of trying it myself
>
> That's my point. The upgrade doesn't work for Voda.

What happens when you try it? Does it refuse?

> Until they release a
> branded version for the site. I believe you can get an upgrade in
> certain service centres to R2V001 but not from the web site.
> There are a few who say that they can debrand their phones via the
> update service by starting with an unbranded phone and swapping through
> the procedure. Risky stuff.
> --
> Pete Devlin
> [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
> Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
> Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 3:13:00 AM

In message <wa%5d.374$P95.44@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
<reply@the.board> writes
>What happens when you try it? Does it refuse?

Yes. It says that my operator has not allowed updates via this site. I
have no doubt that some one will crack it soon, but I am getting fed up
waiting. Had I known that Voda would have plastered their shite all over
the phone and also changed its operation, I wouldn't have went with
them.
--
!