T68i microphone dead

Last response: in Brands
September 23, 2004 8:34:23 PM

Hi,

I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
yes, do you know where can I find it?

Thanks,
Miguel

More about : t68i microphone dead

September 23, 2004 10:30:13 PM

"Miguel Bento" <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
> Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
> yes, do you know where can I find it?
>
> Thanks,
> Miguel

Pardon, Cant hear you

He he
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 1:32:54 AM

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:34:23 +0100, Miguel Bento
<Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
>Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
>yes, do you know where can I find it?
>
>Thanks,
>Miguel
wanna give us a clue by saying which country you live in?

Please reply to the newsgroup - it's not my email address in the header!!
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 2:06:59 AM

"Baffie" <anyone@anywhere.yuk> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:34:23 +0100, Miguel Bento
> <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
>>Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
>>yes, do you know where can I find it?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Miguel
> wanna give us a clue by saying which country you live in?

Well, from his posting address I'd say he's in Portugal :-)

A google search on "T68i microphone" turns up a few possibles including
http://www.irwebonline.com/acatalog/mobile-phone-microp...
who are UK based but seem to post out worldwide.
Priced at 4.99 GBP which is about 7.30 Euro

HTH HANDA
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 7:13:41 PM

Steve wrote:

> "Miguel Bento" <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
> > Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
> > yes, do you know where can I find it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Miguel
>
> Pardon, Cant hear you
>
> He he

LOL! Good one.
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 7:17:22 PM

Kevin Spin wrote:

> "Baffie" <anyone@anywhere.yuk> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:34:23 +0100, Miguel Bento
> > <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
> >>Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
> >>yes, do you know where can I find it?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Miguel
> > wanna give us a clue by saying which country you live in?
> >
> Well, from his posting address I'd say he's in Portugal :-)
>
> A google search on "T68i microphone" turns up a few possibles including
> http://www.irwebonline.com/acatalog/mobile-phone-microp...
> who are UK based but seem to post out worldwide.
> Priced at 4.99 GBP which is about 7.30 Euro
>
> HTH HANDA

I had already taken a look at that site, but it seemed
a little expensive... I'll keep on searching.

Thanks anyway, Kevin.
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 7:03:04 PM

> I had already taken a look at that site, but it seemed
> a little expensive... I'll keep on searching.
>
> Thanks anyway, Kevin.

A little expensive???? what do you want a 99p one.

Brides Dreams
www.bridesdreams.co.uk
Anonymous
September 26, 2004 4:56:07 PM

I think your microphone is not dead.
It will be the gold contact springs which have lost contact.

Unscrew the phone, open it gently and bend the two springs back.
I did it already by some T68i ... :>))
Bernd

"Miguel Bento" <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
> Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
> yes, do you know where can I find it?
>
> Thanks,
> Miguel
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 3:27:49 PM

Bernd wrote:

> I think your microphone is not dead.
> It will be the gold contact springs which have lost contact.

Yep, alreay did that...
The mic isn't completely dead: I used the service menu to test it
and I can hear something if I scratch it, but veeery low.
!