T68i microphone dead

Hi,

I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
yes, do you know where can I find it?

Thanks,
Miguel
8 answers Last reply
More about t68i microphone dead

    "Miguel Bento" <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
    > Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
    > yes, do you know where can I find it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Miguel

    Pardon, Cant hear you

    He he

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:34:23 +0100, Miguel Bento
    <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
    >Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
    >yes, do you know where can I find it?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Miguel
    wanna give us a clue by saying which country you live in?

    Please reply to the newsgroup - it's not my email address in the header!!

    "Baffie" <anyone@anywhere.yuk> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:34:23 +0100, Miguel Bento
    > <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
    >>Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
    >>yes, do you know where can I find it?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Miguel
    > wanna give us a clue by saying which country you live in?

    Well, from his posting address I'd say he's in Portugal :-)

    A google search on "T68i microphone" turns up a few possibles including
    http://www.irwebonline.com/acatalog/mobile-phone-microphone.html
    who are UK based but seem to post out worldwide.
    Priced at 4.99 GBP which is about 7.30 Euro

    HTH HANDA

    Steve wrote:

    > "Miguel Bento" <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
    > > Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
    > > yes, do you know where can I find it?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Miguel
    >
    > Pardon, Cant hear you
    >
    > He he

    LOL! Good one.

    Kevin Spin wrote:

    > "Baffie" <anyone@anywhere.yuk> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:34:23 +0100, Miguel Bento
    > > <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Hi,
    > >>
    > >>I have a T68i and the (internal) microphone is dead.
    > >>Is it possible to buy a new one (microphone, that is!), and if
    > >>yes, do you know where can I find it?
    > >>
    > >>Thanks,
    > >>Miguel
    > > wanna give us a clue by saying which country you live in?
    > >
    > Well, from his posting address I'd say he's in Portugal :-)
    >
    > A google search on "T68i microphone" turns up a few possibles including
    > http://www.irwebonline.com/acatalog/mobile-phone-microphone.html
    > who are UK based but seem to post out worldwide.
    > Priced at 4.99 GBP which is about 7.30 Euro
    >
    > HTH HANDA

    I had already taken a look at that site, but it seemed
    a little expensive... I'll keep on searching.

    Thanks anyway, Kevin.

    > I had already taken a look at that site, but it seemed
    > a little expensive... I'll keep on searching.
    >
    > Thanks anyway, Kevin.

    A little expensive???? what do you want a 99p one.

    Brides Dreams
    www.bridesdreams.co.uk

    I think your microphone is not dead.
    It will be the gold contact springs which have lost contact.

    Unscrew the phone, open it gently and bend the two springs back.
    I did it already by some T68i ... :>))
    Bernd

    "Miguel Bento" <Miguel.Bento@alcatel.pt> schreef in bericht

    Bernd wrote:

    > I think your microphone is not dead.
    > It will be the gold contact springs which have lost contact.

    Yep, alreay did that...
    The mic isn't completely dead: I used the service menu to test it
    and I can hear something if I scratch it, but veeery low.

Ericsson Microphone