Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Newegg.com...a good place to buy memory?

Tags:
  • Memory
  • Crucial
Last response: in Memory
May 22, 2002 9:19:53 AM

I noticed their price for Crucial 512 megs is $50 less then at Crucial.com. Any reason I shouldn't go with Newegg on this??

More about : newegg good place buy memory

May 22, 2002 11:40:57 AM

no reason you shouldn't buy from newegg

BTW, I only see $11 difference - $128 at newegg and $159 - $20 (coupon) at crucial = $11.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
May 22, 2002 4:08:32 PM

doesnt crucial offer free shipping?

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:
Related resources
May 22, 2002 4:28:03 PM

newegg shipping is cheap though, like $6...maybe less for ram

<b><font color=green>Garbage Can?</font color=green></b>
May 22, 2002 5:13:59 PM

if you live in california (like me) they add on tax (back to 8.25%...was at 8% for one year) and shipping...that gets really annoying...but i guess its still ok.
but i know googlegear is really nice about shipping (they're in california too) and it cost $0.50 (pretty much free) to ship a processor to los angeles and all they add is tax.

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:
May 22, 2002 8:16:38 PM

Oh yeah, that coupon.

My main concern was that there was some difference in quality with the Newegg brand...but I guess dead ram problems happen everywhere.
May 22, 2002 9:10:11 PM

it's still Crucial stuff. no difference. Carries the Crucial warranty.

May 22, 2002 10:24:01 PM

The only reason I would normally say to go with Crucial directly is because they have great customer service. Newegg does too though, so in this case it's not an issue.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>
May 23, 2002 11:52:26 AM

Yes, I do have to agree with this. I ordered from NewEgg.com and it only took a matter of days to get all my stuff...I just built a new system and I ordered basically everything I needed from newegg except..a few things which I ordered from Googlegear.com which I prolly never will order again from cause I experienced a few problems and they had crap for support and they are just horrible. I strongly sugest Newegg instead of googlegear. take my word for it!!!

Tedro
May 23, 2002 12:04:29 PM

newegg rules. I'm probably into them for something like $5000 already.