cases reviewed

G

There are cheaper places to get the cases that were reviewed yesterday. www.colorcases.com has some of them, and I have used them exstensively in the past. They were prompt, and the cases were packed well. Also, in most of their designs, the power supply sits well above the motherboard--something I consider a definate must when putting together a system. You can count on shipping costs adding about 25.00 to the cost listed at the site. The have a variety of power supplies available to go with your order. I'm running an Asus A7A -266 that is a little more than a year old off of one of their generic power supplies, and I have had no problems whatsoever.

G

Hello,

I was, quite frankly, embarrassed for the reviewer of that case article.
If you are going to review something, at least know your subject.
You mention power supplies, and he all but openly admits that he doesn't know why cases ship without them these days.
The reason is simple. There are a lot of people building their own these days, and case manufacturers are also building for an increasing number of OEMs. The PSU doesn't power the box, it drives the componentry. If a case manufacturer, not being clarevoyant, doesn't know what is going into the case, how can he/she mount a correctly rated power supply? What's the point, for example, of placing a 250W. PSU into a case that is potentially going to house an Asus A&M266-D with a couple of AMD 2000+ MPs?
Antec and Enermax he lauds, and they have a good name, but on testing, they yield nothing spectacular.
When dealing with the aspect of cooling, he fails to note that aluminium cases, in the tested example of Lian-Li, have components of all sorts from CPUs, HDDs, graphic cards, running between 5 -8 degrees celsius cooler than a standard box.
There were other aspects, but that should suffice. A lot of people learn how to read, and then forget how to think. If it's written down, they don't question the subject matter. That could get to be expensive.

Regards to all.

G

I just bought a Lian-Li aluminium case and I am really
pleased with it. They may be a bit more than other cases
but they are well built,run cooler,and look great. I would
recomened you check them out if your shopping for a new case.